Skyrim CTD after new install every 15 - 30 minutes

321abla

Hi all,

I appreciate any advice possible. This is really weird using the same base mods I always use, but reinstalled steam, and skyrim on ssd drive have 170Gb left free after install, and using a lot less mods than previous installs and had fewer CTDs. before I was only getting 30-35 fps but since this install I get ave 59 fps, but what is weird i also have SKYRIM SE for testing but only get 30-40 FPS and have followed instructions to open up for 64 bit, all testing has been done between Helgen and riverstead

My rig

windows 10

MSI GE72 6QD Apache Pro laptop

i7-6700HQ CPU @2.60GHz

Nvidia GTX960M 16 GB (15.9 usable)

Installation on A: drive along with Nexus Mod Manager and Nexus mod folder, using LOOT and Wyre Bash, SKSE using crash report & nitpick also enboost with STEP Settings

Kind regards

321abla

Your Papyrus log is kinda useless, reading it I mean, please use Notepad++ to record your logs, they are 99% easier to read then.

HDT Havok Object is kinda outdated and not needed if your using HDT Physics extensions along with XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended.

Other than that you might want to see what WIN 10 is doing, that caused me lots of CTD stuff till I disabled useless apps it was trying to run while I played Skyrim.

Also try this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725 that helped me a lot too.

Hi slygothmog

thank you for the reply, I have attached papyrus log in note ++ , I already have crashes fixes but had forgot to change UseOSAllocators=1 , so did this and did a 30 day wait inside starting jail before entering skyrim at camping in the woods start. and killed a few bandits then went to embarshard mine just before riverwood and crashed as soon as I started to enter.

This morning before posting I had got this far entered mine killed first few bandits then gotta surprise with 3--4 Thalmor not sure cos of all of the lightening spells hitting me also close up with to thalmor plus using my 5 health potions and all food. point being with all this still 55 fps and no crash , after i got as far as Helgen then the crash happened,

and I have checked what windows is doing and shut down everything I could , also disabled wifi before the last attempt.

kind regards

321abla

A longer Papyrus log would have been nice, long as possible really, what i would look for is a mod or mods that spam your papyrus with errors, most errors on their own are usually harmless, but if they constantly spam they can overload things.

I see you've already followed STEPS with settings for ENB, so all i can think of is its a memory thing, not sure if this will help but try this mod if you've not already got it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465

I see you reinstalled steam, so another thing i would check is your Skyrim.ini, see if your settings in there are still the same as before .... thats all I can think of for now.

:smile: Ya i would have liked a longer papyrus log, I moved the game over to another drive yesterday just to test if maybe there was a problem with the drive i.e permissions etc. But made no difference. I really appreciate your advice. I also think something is spamming the Papyrus but because it is ctd so quickly it is hard to get a good idea what is going on. i have cleaned the saves on two occasions both times there was 3 undefined instances, Anyway I am mid way through re-install I have loaded my mods as usual with a bit of guide from STEP but obviously I cannot use all those textures so I am at the stage of installing my character mods and will make a fresh start shortly,I am at about 80 mods installed so i will play with these in same area and see how it goes, if I can get to riverwood ok I will start installing the rest slowly and keep playing from when i leave the dungeon.

So thank you for your support and I will post once I have done more testing. might take a day or two though

Regards

321abla

Three Undefined Instances from saves does not sound good, you really should only need to use save cleaner after removing a mod mid game, or to reset Havok to help reduce save bloat, so something in there was not working right.

A fresh reinstall might solve problems, it has for me on some occasions, so i'll keep my fingers crossed for you, I know how frustrating it can be to nail things down and get it right.

Good day slygothmog

Okay been playing for around 8 hours since yesterday 2 x 4 hours, no crashes :) I reinstalled section by section and adjusted a couple of mods load order also I did not re-install Immersive citizens, not saying that mod was the problem but I have RDO so no point in using both really, also swapped a couple of mods for different ones

Thank you for your support, your questions helped me think deeper and finally resolving the problem i was getting worried the problem was hardware

Kindest regards

321abla

It's good to hear you got it working okay now. Skyrim can be a beast once you start introducing Mods, it's a beauty though when it all works out right, Mods are what make the game really, without them it's just not the same.

Immersive Citizens and RDO would not have caused problems being in there together, Its does now sound like it was your old load order though and two or more mods having a bad conflict.

In Honesty I don't feel that I was of much help, but sometimes any answer is better than none at all.

Sometimes you need someone to make you think and look deeper also reassure that it is fixable and you do not need to buy another laptop just to `play skyrim jejejejejejejejeje

So you did help me and thank you very mush for replying