⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Creation Kit without Skyrim

Zonmoz

Hey guys, related to this, I don't have internet at home. I play Skyrim on a tower pc which isn't connected to the internet. Just to activate the game I had to tear down my pc and take it over to my buddies house.

Anyhow, can I download the CK onto my laptop, which doesn't have Skyrim installed, using my Steam account which does have Skyrim registered and then later drag the files for the CK over onto my tower at home.

Thanks.

You know the best solution here is to probably get internet service? I mean, if you're willing to build a computer that runs modern games, and most of those games need an internet connection. Its listed in the minimum requirements.

Hey guys, related to this, I don't have internet at home. I play Skyrim on a tower pc which isn't connected to the internet. Just to activate the game I had to tear down my pc and take it over to my buddies house.

Anyhow, can I download the CK onto my laptop, which doesn't have Skyrim installed, using my Steam account which does have Skyrim registered and then later drag the files for the CK over onto my tower at home.

Thanks.

You know the best solution here is to probably get internet service? I mean, if you're willing to build a computer that runs modern games, and most of those games need an internet connection. Its listed in the minimum requirements.

You know yours is the most common response when someone mentions a problem such as I have right? Did you really think I would read your post and gasp "oh my god why didn't I just think to get internet!"? If it were as simple as that then why would I be bothering asking this question instead of picking up my phone and calling an ISP to set up service tomorrow? You may try considering that some folks circumstances may be different than your own and your so called "best" solution.

Thanks.

You know yours is the most common response when someone mentions a problem such as I have right? Did you really think I would read your post and gasp "oh my god why didn't I just think to get internet!"? If it were as simple as that then why would I be bothering asking this question instead of picking up my phone and calling an ISP to set up service tomorrow? You may try considering that some folks circumstances may be different than your own and your so called "best" solution.

Yeah there's this thing.. it's called "money" and not everybody has it.... I know.. shocking aint it? I mean sure we can sit around and hope for the society of Star Trek but in the meantime us broke people just have to deal.

I have Skyrim. But I hate steam. Any thoughts on if/when we'll have access to the creation kit without having to go through Steam?

Not going to happen, and best not start discussing how you can circumvent that either.

Thank you. That's all I wanted to know. I bought my copy from Walmart.. not through steam. I'll just play with the Geck for Fallout if I want to see if my modding skills still suck lol

• 4 years later...