WTF SERIOUSLY!

TheDarkPrince

Haha i knew this thread was about that video after seeing it yesterday :D I loved the kill cam for ranged combat but i can see why they took it out and the platforms and water currents in dungeons would really liven them up!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o rly?

You know what, Beth? Give me back my $59.99 and I'll give it you when you release "SKYRIM" instead of "Skyrim?". Seriously. I'm pretty sure most of this stuff isn't even possible with the Creation Kit.

Werebears.

Lycanthropy Perks (making it actually USEFUL).

Dragon Mounts (making Odahviing USEFUL).

Pitch black dungeons.

Seasonal vegetation.

Why wasn't all of this stuff in the game? And I don't want to hear the usual excuse of "time constraints". What if they worked that hard all the time?

...maybe they would have released a much better, actually exciting game? (Well, the combat would have still been suckish, but these things would have completely overridden that part)

5 years to make another carbon-copy, cardboard-cut-out pseudo-RPG action game.

One week to make some of the most creative content in gaming.

I know which one we ended up buying.

This will most likely be my last Bethesda game. I just cannot continue to pay money for their lack of creativity and their clone-of-the-last-game titles. Give us something original. Turn your dev teams loose more often. Something.

Because what we got was a mostly lifeless, soulless mess.

That doesn't sound at all fair. NONE of those were really game changing in any huge way that would make a bad game great. They were really just very nice improvements to very specific aspects of an already great game.

If you really thought only the things shown in this video were "some of the most creative content in gaming" and yet still see the entire rest of the game as a "souless mess", then I think you are confused.

5 years to make another carbon-copy, cardboard-cut-out pseudo-RPG action game.

One week to make some of the most creative content in gaming.

I know which one we ended up buying.

This will most likely be my last Bethesda game. I just cannot continue to pay money for their lack of creativity and their clone-of-the-last-game titles. Give us something original. Turn your dev teams loose more often. Something.

Because what we got was a mostly lifeless, soulless mess.

That doesn't sound at all fair. NONE of those were really game changing in any huge way that would make a bad game great. They were really just very nice improvements to very specific aspects of an already great game.

If you really thought only the things shown in this video were "some of the most creative content in gaming" and yet still see the entire rest of the game as a "souless mess", then I think you are confused.

If they would have focused as a team, and not set a gimmick release date, we'd have all of the cut features back that makes an ES, an ES. Spell creation, acrobatics, H2H as a skill, degradation, etc.

Unless Beth made the conscious decision to dumb down the ES by not having those things which I doubt. I say it was hardware and time restraints. A release date they set.

Edited by Xarnac

I also agree this could be lack of time and consoles, though im dissapointed that these additions didnt made it into the game, atleast here i have the proof they have creative people among them, but it also reminds me to stay catious and wait with buying their games and then end up with this feeling of missing content.

Whether you guys like it...

Whether is is "fair" or not...

This game was built to work on consoles as well as the computer. Apparently some things that weren't included were because it wouldn't work on consoles properly.

That is the world we live in and believe it or not, Bethesda is not only in this business to make games for gamers but also to make a living and support their families.

The stuff in the gamejam was created AFTER the game's release -over the space of a week and even then it had not been tested or balanced to work in the game proper. It may come in later as DLC but after the way you whiny brats are acting I wouldn't lift a finger to give you jack.

So quit whining like a bunch of 4 year old crybabies and get the hell over it. GAWD I'm embarassed to even be associated with some of you pathetic children.