Since when did Nexus forums became law enforcement website?

atx711

The point is, if you start posting vanilla assets in large numbers it becomes possible with the CK to recreate all or part of Skyrim easily. Bethesda doesn't want that, for good reason. Just don't post assets from vanilla Skyrim. It's not even necessary in order to make something use a vanilla texture. Just set the texture to be pulled from the directory where it should already rest in any legitimate copy of the game. Problem solved.

What you just said is nonsense. Look at morrorwind, oblivion, fallout 3, new vegas... all had creation kits. Was the game "Recreated"? NO! Will skyrim be "Re-created"? NO.

Renn, you have totally lost me. You are not allowed to use things in Skyrim for Skyrim because it may allow Skyrim to be recreated inside Skyrim's CK?

What?

You can't repost vanilla assets on the Nexus because as soon as you put vanilla Skyrim objects up for download, there's less of a point to buy the game. Theoretically, it's possible for someone to simply collect vanilla assets online and recreate Skyrim. That's why the Nexus won't let people post vanilla assets for download. If it's on the disc (or in the digital copy, whatever), it stays on the disc. Even posting a single vanilla texture is the same thing, to a much lesser extent, as posting all of Skyrim in a pirated version.

Also, this thread made me waste my 1000th post. I'll go cry now. I had something really special planned.

Edited by Rennn

This thread was started with an assertion without any evidence to back it up. What was the file that got banned and for what illegal content? Important details to include if you're going to start ranting and throwing accusations around.

http://forums.nexusm...es-and-strikes/

^

That's a long page there. My point is: what exactly are you referring to?

The point is, if you start posting vanilla assets in large numbers it becomes possible with the CK to recreate all or part of Skyrim easily. Bethesda doesn't want that, for good reason. Just don't post assets from vanilla Skyrim. It's not even necessary in order to make something use a vanilla texture. Just set the texture to be pulled from the directory where it should already rest in any legitimate copy of the game. Problem solved.

What you just said is nonsense. Look at morrorwind, oblivion, fallout 3, new vegas... all had creation kits. Was the game "Recreated"? NO! Will skyrim be "Re-created"? NO.

I'm going to reiterate: you don't know what you're talking about.

The reason nobody was able to recreate the game was because it was illegal on any large site like the Nexus to post vanilla pieces of the game.

The Nexus doesn't support illegal content. That's why you can get banned.

End of story.

In other words, you dont support mods because mods contain something "Illegal" be it a piece of propertiary bethesda code or a 1x1 texture that was copyrighted. I see steam workshop winning this competition as mods that you dumbly removed here for some "copyright" crap are up and running on Steam Workshop. Good riddance.

Edited by atx711

End of story.

In other words, you dont support mods because 90% of mods contain something "Illegal". I see steam workshop winning this competition as mods that you dumbly removed here for some "copyright" crap are up and running on Steam Workshop. Good riddance.

Illegal content in mods: Imported things from another game

If you didn't know, we can remodel an armor (like the templar armor from AC) in our OWN meshes and textures. Otherwise, it is copyrighted and will be removed.

I hope that's cleared up.

End of story.

In other words, you dont support mods because mods contain something "Illegal" be it a piece of propertiary bethesda code or a 1x1 texture that was copyrighted. I see steam workshop winning this competition as mods that you dumbly removed here for some "copyright" crap are up and running on Steam Workshop. Good riddance.

What are you on about now? This is pathetic. Of course it's illegal to post illegal content! It always has been.

This is nothing but a troll topic...

I suspect the OP is annoyed because some illegally sourced content mods they wanted were removed before they could get them. What a shame.

Copyright exists for a reason. Failing to understand that basic premise while going on an assault of a site that is only doing what is needed to remain active is childish, and deserves no more attention than the ones who steal the content they upload - Banned and forgotten.

OP banned, topic closed.