Textures not loading in nifskope, 3dsmax, or blender(sorry for duplicate post, couldn't delete the other one)

Terror447688

Hey guys! I really hope someone here can help me figure this out. Whenever I import a mesh in nifskope, 3dsmax (with nif utility), or blender (nif plugin), I get no textures. When I try to export the mesh and view it in game, the textures arent there either. I am pretty much done with Blender(completely impossible for me to get used to and use effectively), but 3ds max and nifskope are pretty critical to me. I made sure to install the nif plugin for 3ds carefully, and my file paths have been checked 100 times by now. This is really driving me crazy, and stonewalling my modding efforts, so I hope its just some stupid thing I forgot to do, or some easy fix.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Hi

When you import a mesh the texture needs to be in the Folder where the nif-file is pointing at, to be imported (loose files are required) after import if no texture is visible manually apply a material with the texture if necessary ( Max does not automatic create a material for this texture in your material editor but can be called by menu function - Material>get all scene Material.

When you export your mesh - the material you apply will be used so make sure that your textures are in the game/data folder before exporting/ creating the nif file - sometimes it does not work correct and you have to open the nif file and correct the texture path manually.

Keep in mind that the nif file uses only a part of the full file path as in-game everything is in ../Data/.. but Max requires the full path information to the texture.

CL

Hi

When you import a mesh the texture needs to be in the Folder where the nif-file is pointing at, to be imported (loose files are required) after import if no texture is visible manually apply a material with the texture if necessary ( Max does not automatic create a material for this texture in your material editor but can be called by menu function - Material>get all scene Material.

When you export your mesh - the material you apply will be used so make sure that your textures are in the game/data folder before exporting/ creating the nif file - sometimes it does not work correct and you have to open the nif file and correct the texture path manually.

Keep in mind that the nif file uses only a part of the full file path as in-game everything is in ../Data/.. but Max requires the full path information to the texture.

CL

I have double and triple checked all file paths, and followed all the instructions I could find for installation, still no luck. I have even tried putting a copy of the loose texture files directly in the file path(before any of the sub files). As far as trying to add them manually, where is "Menu Function"? I have 3dsmax 2015 if that helps.

Hi

CL

One other thing, after locating material editor, and other material utilities, it shows the files being there, but the thumbnails are black. My models also aren't wireframe, but a single shade of gray(not sure if that makes a difference).

Hi

ok I notice you lack the very basic knowledge of max

Can you PM me a screen shoot of your open material editor and of your model so I can better understand the issue and help you from there.

CL