Game Version and Creation kit

TimF

Didn't want to start a new thread with a dumb question but is the CK something us "non-modders" would want to d/l and install for any reason?

No, you wont need it if you don't actual mod. ;)

Not true! You could use the Creation Kit to make your own unofficial patch to fix broken quests etc which haven't been fixed by Bethesda. The kit is only small in size anyway as long as your computer can run it (if you can run Skyrim you are fine anyway,) you could always have it on standby if you ever have some free time and fancy playing around with the game! :D

Edited by GoodfellowGoodspring

Didn't want to start a new thread with a dumb question but is the CK something us "non-modders" would want to d/l and install for any reason?

No, you wont need it if you don't actual mod. ;)

Not true! You could use the Creation Kit to make your own unofficial patch to fix broken quests etc which haven't been fixed by Bethesda. The kit is only small in size anyway as long as your computer can run it (if you can run Skyrim you are fine anyway,) you could always have it on standby if you ever have some free time and fancy playing around with the game! :D

OK. I guess it won't hurt to check it out at least. Thanks.

You don't have to create an epic gameplay mod or muck around with textures and meshes. Think of the CK as an extended console interface. You can do all sorts of cool item tweaks as simple as changing a value in a spreadsheet.

If you were 100% happy with the game as-is, then there would be no reason to take a look... but seeing as you asked the question on a mod site I'd say the CK is probably right up your alley.

Edit: Curious, why haven't you updated to 1.4 yet? It is smart to hold off for a few days to see what breaks with an update, but 1.4 was solid and brings massive performance improvements.

Edited by metasyntactic

i dont play with steam and there is nowhere to download the update. what should i do?

You could, for example, buy a legal copy.

Steam is the only way to update your copy legally. If you cannot update through Steam, that means

you have no Steam account, that is, you did not purchase your copy of Skyrim.

Pirate expelled.

--LM