When playing with mods, how often do you generally crash?

LuciusConfucius

How often do you crash?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you crash?

• Every half hour or more.
    • Around once an hour.
    • Once in around two to three hours or less.
    • I never crash.

I seldom crash unless i have been playing 6+ hours or more. And even then thats rare, maybe once a week or so. I usually take that as a msg from God telling me to go to bed! lol

Honestly I have bugged my game alot,playing around with mods and trying things out. Everything from missing textures to the game refusing to start a new game (currently have that bug, but I know the mod causing the problem and it wont be in my next play through, Had to cheat, start a new game, then add the mod to be able to play it. I'll let that mod author know that im also experiencing that problem so maybe he can fix it for others)

This wasnt always true. On my old system (AMD A8, 8 gig ram with a radeon 7950 vid card) Id crash oh every three or four hours. Currently Im running an AMD A10, 16 gig ram with a Radeon Nano vid card and everything is golden. I use LOOT to arrange my pluggins, then manually move all settlement adding mods and scrap everything to the bottom of the list after adding any largish mods, for new play throughs only. Adding mods mid play and or rearranging the load order tends to really create serious problems.

When I started my current playthrough I was crashing A LOT. It was totally random. I could play 2 hours, turn 180 degrees and suddenly CTD. After I got bored of that I checked my papyrus log and checked all mods versions. I updated all mods and reinstalled F4se, something had overwritten simply f4se script.. also made new load order and checked everything in fo4edit. So after I did that, last 24 hours or so play time, I have had total of 0 CTD with 140 plugins installed.

Edited by vkz89q