Spell cost question

Brids17

So for a long time now, I've hoped someone would make a blood magic mod and thus far, no one has done it the way I wanted. This makes me think it's simply not possible but I figured I'd ask just in case. Is it possible to make it so that all spells will cost health instead of magicka? I know there are mods that use *some* health instead of magicka by use of perks and of course there's Equilibrium in vanilla which converts health to magicka but I'd like to be able to cast spells purely out of my health pool. And if it is possible, how difficult would it be to do? I have absolutely no experience with modding, so if it's crazy complicated, I guess I'm out of luck either way.

It is possible to make a spell which costs just 1 Magicka. I've never tried to make one that costs zero.

But in any case, a Magic Effect can have a script added, which fires on an event at the time of casting, which in effect both takes away the health, and also pays back any magicka cost.

In fact, you could make the script add back MORE magicka than the initial cost, making it a Health, or Blood, Magicka pump.

The details of how to effectively implement such a script are very complex. I am not at home, with access to my CK, to look up the steps to accurately describe it, ATM.