Delete or hide ref's

So, i am making kind of a big mod and what have read in last couple days have discouraged me to continue. I have made lots of mods for myself but this time i thought i might share if i ever get it done :) but..

Is it better to hide/disable items i want to remove or does it cause serious problems if i just delete those, like trash piles?

Mod is going to affect all cell's in game. Wich is the other problem. What i read was that precombined meshes(previs) is going to be disabled everywhere and That's bad. But other option is equally bad, making new previs. If i understood it right, first one is gonna kill fps in populated areas and second makes it incompatible to every other mod.

Questionsâ: does hide/disable have to be used on everything, interior and exterior cell's. Since i am moving around and fixing buildings, roads etc and parts of those and foliage would be faster to just remove. Especially since trash/clutter/debris (flat kind) can be removed from whole game in couple minutes.

I probably have to generate new navmesh too for all cell's i touch?

I already made interior and exterior mods where i just removed things i didn't want and i had done quite a lot, so bit of a setback to everything again.

Any advice.. other than don't do it? :)

You DO NOT want to delete ANYTHING. Set to initially disabled, hide from local map and move the Z value below the floor/ground.

Fort references you have already deleted, you can open up your .ESP in FO4Edit, right-click on your mod and select "Undelete and Disable References." I've never had to do it myself, so I'm not sure if if *might* be better to run "Apply filter for cleaning" first. Don't think it would hurt, since you should always do that with your mods before publishing anyway, but generally as a last step. "Undelete and Disable References" does just that. You'll probably want to go and Z move those items that were undeleted. Someone with more experience with this F04Edit function can chime in if I've left anything out...like I said, never have had to do this myself....yet.

As for precombined and previs...welcome to FO4 modding. There's an informative thread you might want to check out on the optimization system.