I did it! ~280 mods and DAO is running! \o/

Enkida

I found the gamebreaking bug in this setup, which was actually under bugfixes, of all places. Something in the AA - Additional Adjustments mod was making the main party camp area unloadable. So I'd skip that if you're using the slew of other fixes from that link provided. (Or just wait for the Qwinn 2.0 pack, although that also means no enhanced romances for Morrigan, Alistair or Zevran I think.)

Also, another useful mod that I hadn't realized I needed but now I can't play without: I'd file this under graphical bugfixes

Pixellated Shaders Begone

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/3801/?

Removes pixellation in the fuzzy backgrounds. Subtle, but very necessary, because once you notice the pixellation on vanilla you can't unsee it.

Enkida, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I thank you for volunteering to merge all these mods into one for us, so we only have one mod to install. That's really selfless of you. Truly. Can't thank you enough. Nope. Sure can't. Great job. We love you. Looking forward to it.

Enkida, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I thank you for volunteering to merge all these mods into one for us, so we only have one mod to install. That's really selfless of you. Truly. Can't thank you enough. Nope. Sure can't. Great job. We love you. Looking forward to it.

Some of the mods in Enkida's list are my work, and I do not grant permission for any of them to be merged into a package for redistribution, if that is what this all about. /grumpy

Edited by theskymoves

While I really love :) that my mod for the Alistair romance "A Magical Kiss" is being enjoyed in your playthrough, please note that it's an entirely separate mod (and download) all on it's own, and not in any way part of the wonderful "Eavesdropping" mod which was done by another modder, Tinimaus.

Enkida, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I thank you for volunteering to merge all these mods into one for us, so we only have one mod to install. Â That's really selfless of you. Â Truly. Â Can't thank you enough. Â Nope. Â Sure can't. Â Great job. Â We love you. Â Looking forward to it.Â

Â

Some of the mods in Enkida's list are my work, and I do not grant permission for any of them to be merged into a package for redistribution, if that is what this all about. /grumpy

As I'm sure the OP is aware, the Nexus does not allow "compilation" mods of any sort.

Just reminding everybody...

Oh hey all! First of all, I am not a modder and therefore will not be making any complilation mods. Besides that these sorts of things always end up horrendously buggy and out of date (Morrowind Sound and Graohics Overhaul comes to mind instantly), I was thinking more along the lines of making a "this is what I like playing with" list that works together since there don't seem to be too many of those around.

As for links to half of these and not, well, simply put this is a huge list and I was going section by section as I played my game and tested that everything worked. (In other words, I hadn't gotten to linking up the second half of this list and commentating everything because I hadn't had the time to edit all the posts yet + changes as I went through my game and discovered bugs mid-playthrough). Basically, you can find 98% of these on the Nexus anyway.

Last but not least, I'll actually be slowly taking this list down, as I wasnt aware posting such a thing went against forum rules! But it does, so sorry about that! I will be pruning this thread down later today (lack of time ATM).

Last notes - probably not very important as I'm removing the list, but I did find three more bugs. I think I mentioned one before: Zathrien's hair being missing. Solution: delete the Zathrien headmorph from the Ferelden Elves mod.

The second one I haven't found a solution to yet: LOD files of certain elven boots missing, so from a distance the boot textures appear white. They *seem* to be the Ancient Elven Armor boots, but as I actually obtained the ancient elven armor boots and they don't have that problem, it's just a medium armor boot that Dalish Camp NPC elves wear that looks similar that has this problem. I'm not sure what mod is causing it; it's not HDR Textures as I deleted all of the armour retex files from that one, though.

Third one: Cammen is naked for some reason. It's not too noticable, as the Men-In-Trousers underwear mod just makes him shirtless, rather than barefoot and in a loincloth, but it's there nonetheless. Have not discovered the cause of that one yet either.

Oh, a mini-fourth one. I suspect that whatever VFX removal I have on weapons is not working, either. I think I'm using one that came rolled into the Dragon Age Rules Fixpack (I'd have to check - I think it was a "reduced" weapon VFX mod and not a "complete removal" mod), but it's clearly not working on lightning runes on weapons.

Also, last NB: if you're using the Hawke Family in Lothring mod, I'd advise to get the version of Carver that doesn't require any additional clothing mods - it's too little of a change to be worth slogging through ID conflicts for, IMO.

Edited by Enkida

Re-reading this after breakfast, tea, and more bloodflow to my brain:

I don't know from whence any kind of make-a-compilation discussion came up, but I was not planning on making any sort of mod of any kind for anybody, ever. I did my time on the BG2 modding scene years ago, I had enough of the drama generated from producing original content back then, so I was well and done with being any kind of mod content creator before I even started playing DAO the first time. It does make me appreciate all the more people who can put up with the fans / critics though, so thanks again to all the modders out there who make the game still fun and interesting to play 10+ years after the fact.

My only intent here was in making a 2017 list of compatible DAO mods, sort of like the out of date 2010 list on the Bioware blog from Lady Karrakaz. Nothing more, nothing less, and not even that anymore since these kinds of lists aren't allowed on the Nexus forums I gather. Or they are, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, as I just like using the Nexus too much to risk a banhammer. Caveat: I didn't redact the bugfix and quest sections as I think they can still be of use for purposes other than my own mod list guide.

I apologize for any confusion this thread might have caused, and just one last time:

No, I am not making any mod of any kind for Dragon Age: Origins. And compilation mods are a bad idea anyway, they never, ever seem to work. Put in some of your own elbow grease and you will be richly rewarded for your effort with a personalized playthrough, folks!

Edited by Enkida

With over 300 views, people clearly are interested in your post, so maybe reconsider deleting since you already put a lot of work into it?

The lack of links, descriptions and variation in font size of some mods seemed to me like a kind of ranking, like some mods where the best thing since sliced bread and others just a side note and that made me sad. But if that was just a question of lack of time and you'd consider updating the list as you go along, this could be a very, very useful tool :)