Walls disappearing in copied cell

I copied the Nightingale Hall cell and some parts of he cave are disappearing when I go to the cell in-game. They're not visible until you're standing right on top of them. It's an exact copy of the original cell but this issue only occurs with the copy. I've re-created this problem with other cells too. Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea what it might be?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure you are working from a copy placed in a newly created world cell, or a duplicate of the cell? Did you right click, and click "duplicate cell", or did you hold the control key and select the cell contents with the mouse and do a control C, and then paste them in with a Control V, to a newly created cell?

Hope we get answers. I have the same problem. I duplicated the Katariah interior in order to preserve the original nav-mesh, but there are areas that disappear. A stair well for instance, is invisible but can be walked down, so it is there. Looking back up, the stair is there but the wall back of it is invisible.

Making a copy of the Katariah interior, and pasting it into a new cell preserves all the structure and everything is visible. I just lose the nav-mesh. which is a real pain.

Are you sure you are working from a copy placed in a newly created world cell, or a duplicate of the cell? Did you right click, and click "duplicate cell", or did you hold the control key and select the cell contents with the mouse and do a control C, and then paste them in with a Control V, to a newly created cell?

Hope we get answers. I have the same problem. I duplicated the Katariah interior in order to preserve the original nav-mesh, but there are areas that disappear. A stair well for instance, is invisible but can be walked down, so it is there. Looking back up, the stair is there but the wall back of it is invisible.

Making a copy of the Katariah interior, and pasting it into a new cell preserves all the structure and everything is visible. I just lose the nav-mesh. which is a real pain.

As I pointed out in the other thread regarding the Katariah ship itself disappearing, I share this problem as well. I've duplicated the Katariah and its' interior cell. The same exact stairwell (leading down to directly under the jail cells) plus some rooms and walls not appearing.

I'm currently trying to fix this but I'm not exactly sure what's causing it.

Palidin, thanks for the response. I drove myself nuts attempting to correct exactly what you are describing and in the same locations. That was even before I touched anything aboard the ship including the npc's.

The only way I found around it is to create an empty cell, then go to the Katariah cell and select the entire interior and do a copy and paste to your new cell. It takes a bit of time for the paste to complete, but you have everything with no missing stairwells or walls.

The only problem is, you have to do a rather complex nav-mesh, because the nav-mesh does not copy and transfer, and I know of no way of capturing it and transferring it over.

Well, I think I do, now that I think about it. Do a duplicate of the Katariah cell, rename it. Now do a copy of the Katariah, and paste it near the original duplicate. Now open the navmesh editor, and select the entire navmesh from the duplicate, and just slide it over into place on the copy. Then delete the Katariah duplicate. Does that make sense? I'll try it.

You could check this http://www.creationkit.com/Room_Bounds_and_Portal_Basics

The room bounds are the only thing that i know of that can cause such issues. Maybe while duplicating the cell the room bounds get screwed up. Check the CK optimization tutorial for information on how to edit room bounds and portals.

For example, the Riften Jail wall disappearance issues in vanilla Skyrim are produced by bad (overlapping in this case i think) room bound placements.

Edited by eltucu

eltucu, Thank you very much for that link, and a well deserved kudo to you.

For the record, the method I proposed didn't work. I still would have no idea why room bonds might copy, but would not duplicate with the cell.

I'll check this out.

As I pointed out in the other thread regarding the Katariah ship itself disappearing, I share this problem as well. I've duplicated the Katariah and its' interior cell. The same exact stairwell (leading down to directly under the jail cells) plus some rooms and walls not appearing.

I'm currently trying to fix this but I'm not exactly sure what's causing it.

But I do :thumbsup: I've finally kicked the katariah right in the sack. I highly suggest others do not touch the katariah... it is a mess. Just recently I have had a bug cause the game to crash when you use the ladder to exit the interior, even though you can leave another way and be OK.

Your issue is probably the room/portal/etc markers btw.

yeah I had silent CTD with that section... I ended up chopping the katariah up into sections. Sucks cause you need to go through more load doors, however it is much more optimized since it is made up for 100's of objects...