Simple Creation Kit Problem

Squingynaut

I've accidentally edited one of the default/built-in items. Hitting Undo doesn't seem to affect changes to item properties, just things in the render window. Aside from manually resetting the item's properties (which leaves the item still flagged as having been changed), is there a way to reset an item back to its default settings? The specific item I've changed by mistake is the LootBookRandom05 leveled book list. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

-Brad

It's impossible to alter the master file in the CK, if that's what you're concerned about.

Ya, that's not what I was worried about.

You'll need to rebuild the plugin file you have set as Active

By "rebuild", are you implying that there's an "easy" way to do this or do I have to start the entire plugin over from scratch? Kinda doesn't make sense to have to go to that much trouble. I may just leave it alone for now if that's the case...

By "rebuild", are you implying that there's an "easy" way to do this or do I have to start the entire plugin over from scratch? Kinda doesn't make sense to have to go to that much trouble. I may just leave it alone for now if that's the case...

I meant begin the entire plugin from scratch. However, since it's just a plugin, I recommend making sure it's back to defaults, and just being more careful in the future.

I wouldn't worry.

No -- what you want to do is save the mod -- then relaunch the CK and where you select the mod as active highlight the mod --- down toward the bottom of that screen click on Details --- THis will bring up a list of all the changes your mod makes -- find the thing you want to reset to default in the listing and press the delete key (this sets those changes to be ignored when the mod is reloaded - once you have it set to ignore then load your mod - once it loads resave and your mod is now cleaned of that edit. Edited by JDFan

No -- what you want to do is save the mod -- then relaunch the CK and where you select the mod as active highlight the mod --- down toward the bottom of that screen click on Details --- THis will bring up a list of all the changes your mod makes -- find the thing you want to reset to default in the listing and press the delete key (this sets those changes to be ignored when the mod is reloaded - once you have it set to ignore then load your mod - once it loads resave and your mod is now cleaned of that edit.

Hey, that worked perfectly and was exactly the kind of thing I had been hoping for! Thanks so much, JDFan!

-Brad

No -- what you want to do is save the mod -- then relaunch the CK and where you select the mod as active highlight the mod --- down toward the bottom of that screen click on Details --- THis will bring up a list of all the changes your mod makes -- find the thing you want to reset to default in the listing and press the delete key (this sets those changes to be ignored when the mod is reloaded - once you have it set to ignore then load your mod - once it loads resave and your mod is now cleaned of that edit.

I am going to have a bit of that to do. I haven't done that yet and I know i need to.

I am going to have a bit of that to do. I haven't done that yet and I know i need to.

Man, me too.. Thanks for the tip, even if it wasn't directed at me.

• 5 months later...

thanks so much mate ! :) just what i was looking for