Simple Creation Kit Problem

Squingynaut

No -- what you want to do is save the mod -- then relaunch the CK and where you select the mod as active highlight the mod --- down toward the bottom of that screen click on Details --- THis will bring up a list of all the changes your mod makes -- find the thing you want to reset to default in the listing and press the delete key (this sets those changes to be ignored when the mod is reloaded - once you have it set to ignore then load your mod - once it loads resave and your mod is now cleaned of that edit.

Anyone got experience with that, cuz ignored cells still get loaded for me.

Edited by Darios81

• 1 year later...

This does not work with NPCs if you attempt to Ignore changes you made to an NPC the kit will create duplicates or it starts causing NPCs to not engage in combat. Has anyone had this issue and discovered a safe way to restore defaults to an NPC?

Edited by Masterofnet

• 2 years later...

Gonna try this myself, gonna remove every single change I've done to the Tamriel worldspace - without ruining my mod, again. You'd think the Creation Kit programmers would have the freaking brains - and ability to give a flug - and add a really simple CELL RESET/RESTORE FUNCTION. Exterior cells as well... just go the the cell, EDIT, then some menu and restore, either progressively, 1 piece at a time, or everythign at once, the former being mroe stable while the latter may freeze the CK for a bit. Grrr...

Anyway, here is what I am doing - by using DELETE on Tamriel, every chance my mod does to the worldspace and every cell (all exterior cells in it, including renames) - should be removed, correct? But since my mod has its OWN worldspace, it will otherwise remain intact?

EDIT: OK, can't do that, it causes a crash when loading. Crap... have to release the current version and have someone reset the edits with TES5Edit, which I wont use. REASONS: I find it confusing, somewhat incomprehensible, and when I used it the last - and only time - my mod couldn't read Dragonborn files, causing about 50% of it to jsut... vanish.

ANYWAY, the area mostly edited and now empty in tamriel is the large ice island just north-east of the Serpent Stone, which is about as far North-east you can get. Used to be a Citadel, then a ruined village, a graveyard, a floating necropolis, and a lot of edited terrain and navmeshes, but all thats gone and its almost 100% just blank empty snow and water. Area is close to Japhet's Folly, but in the main world. Japhet's Folly itself is its own little worldspace, which I have not touched.

Edited by Guest

Bit of an old topic to resurface, but I guess that's okay since it can be answered easily.

Short Answer: Learn to use TES5Edit.

Long Answer:

The "details" window in the CK is obscenely limited compared to what TES5Edit can do. What you want to do is download that program, load up Skyrim.esm, update.esm and your mod ONLY. Then when it's finished you can expand the sections and see all the things your mod does in extreme detail and in a categorized, searchable format.

Of particular interest is that any entries that affect or override skyrim.esm or update.esm are either highlighted in yellow or in green. Yellow means that it modifies or overwrites something, and green means that the added entry is entirely identical to the original (ie. it changes nothing). Now some entries, like cells, might appear green if you haven't changed anything about the form's properties (making it identical to the master entry), but it may have some dependencies (like items in the cell) that have been changed and thus require an entry in the plugin. So don't simply remove that entry without looking to see if any other changes are contained within.

If a change is listed that is highlighted red, then you have another plugin loaded after the one you're looking at that is overriding the change. It can either be a vanilla change or one added by the overwritten plugin and for that reason, I don't suggest loading more than one plugin when you want to check for changes to vanilla items. If you have two plugins, one dependent on the other, I would first load the master alone, remove the vanilla changes, save, and then load the dependent plugin. This way any red highlighted items should only be additions by the master.

Finally if an entry isn't highlighted at all, it is a new addition by the plugin.

Edited by dalsio

That didn't reset anything ... that is just telling you as of this editor run it has not changed the file ...

Anything you changed from a master file is only changed within the mod you're working on.

So what you do it clean your mod with TES5EDIT. Then everything will be back to normal.

That didn't reset anything ... that is just telling you as of this editor run it has not changed the file ...

Anything you changed from a master file is only changed within the mod you're working on.

So what you do it clean your mod with TES5EDIT. Then everything will be back to normal.

I was gonna write that. :sad: So guess I'll just -> Second It.

• Clean Dirty & Wild edits from your Mods :laugh:

Bit of an old topic to resurface, but I guess that's okay since it can be answered easily.

Short Answer: Learn to use TES5Edit.

Long Answer:

The "details" window in the CK is obscenely limited compared to what TES5Edit can do. What you want to do is download that program, load up Skyrim.esm, update.esm and your mod ONLY. Then when it's finished you can expand the sections and see all the things your mod does in extreme detail and in a categorized, searchable format.

Of particular interest is that any entries that affect or override skyrim.esm or update.esm are either highlighted in yellow or in green. Yellow means that it modifies or overwrites something, and green means that the added entry is entirely identical to the original (ie. it changes nothing). Now some entries, like cells, might appear green if you haven't changed anything about the form's properties (making it identical to the master entry), but it may have some dependencies (like items in the cell) that have been changed and thus require an entry in the plugin. So don't simply remove that entry without looking to see if any other changes are contained within.

If a change is listed that is highlighted red, then you have another plugin loaded after the one you're looking at that is overriding the change. It can either be a vanilla change or one added by the overwritten plugin and for that reason, I don't suggest loading more than one plugin when you want to check for changes to vanilla items. If you have two plugins, one dependent on the other, I would first load the master alone, remove the vanilla changes, save, and then load the dependent plugin. This way any red highlighted items should only be additions by the master.

Finally if an entry isn't highlighted at all, it is a new addition by the plugin.

Be aware that Wild Edit is White since it a incomplete original record.

I don't think that's what crypto was talking about, I think he wants to remove any changes his mod makes to vanilla Skyrim. Cleaning a mod with TES5Edit doesn't remove all changes to vanilla, that would break a lot of mods. Cleaning only removes "Identical to Master" records (entries that don't change anything in vanilla and thus don't need to exist) and un-deletes and disables "Deleted Records" (vanilla records that the mod deleted, which you should never do). Any actual changes or additions the mod makes to vanilla records are unaffected by cleaning.

Be aware that Wild Edit is White since it a incomplete original record.

Not all wild edits are the same. If you create an entry that is an actual change to a vanilla record, it always shows up as yellow. Some wild edits appear as new records and those show up un-highlighted (or white).

Edited by dalsio