Getting seriously annoyed by people disrespecting anime mods...

Axisdeath

Everything has it's rightfull place imo. Do I dislike anime? No....would I like an anime mod for skyrim? No... To each thier own really. Don't like the mod, don't install it. But what really bothers me is when people get mad because they DON"T want to play a mod that would, for the most part, tear away from the core of the game. Nexus should implement a section for mods that are don't fall in a certain structure, but we all know it would take too many resources to someone to police this.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously I don't have the time to read ALL the replies, but here I am, and I do have something to say.

Mods that take armor, cut 90% of it off, and are titled "Skimpy" versions, are NOT ANIME! And Example of anime would be the Seraphim armor mod. That mod adds armor that is basically in a very short description a short dress/skirt top, and stockings. It covers more then 80% of the female body, however it does show curves.

Anime is an art style. Personally, I hate it when I want to have a Skyrim character that is in fact female, and I want her to have at least somewhat smooth looking skin, and long flowingish hair. I just like the look of it, and honestly, without mods i can't really get that done. I love my anime mods because I love the anime art style. It's a world apart from western animation. Frankly, I HATE it when mods that just chop off 90% of armor are classified as anime, and or really anything that does that is, because thats not what anime is about. Yes, SOMETIMES in anime there will be ONE or TWO females that where little to no armor, but are quite badass. However, is there no appreciation for the human body any more? My favorite forms of art are ancient greek simply because they had a love for the human body that we seem to have lost.

And I disagree with adding filters. Sure, all would be fine and dandy for a little while and everyone could get there own mods, but what happens when some really good and very well done anime mods get on the top 25. Are you all going to start complaining again, saying it doesn't belong their because it's non-lore friendly? What kind of respect does that pay to the great modders here at the Nexus? And not just anime modders. If you have ever added a mod, or even a character? Would you honestly want your mod to be thrown into a corner, and possibly forget about because you made it how you wanted it, instead of how everyone else wanted it?

It's like furries, I don't get it but some people are into that stuff and it always seems to make its way into RPGs. Meh.

Yeah, furries are an example of anime I don't get into, just like our own My Little Pony or Carebears. But there's still lots of animation from Japan that I do like. I remember when Ghost in the Shell first hit theaters in the US, that was a big deal to me.

I also like the Heavy Metal style of your avatar. Mind me asking what's it from, or is that bad forum form?

Obviously I don't have the time to read ALL the replies, but here I am, and I do have something to say.

Mods that take armor, cut 90% of it off, and are titled "Skimpy" versions, are NOT ANIME! And Example of anime would be the Seraphim armor mod. That mod adds armor that is basically in a very short description a short dress/skirt top, and stockings. It covers more then 80% of the female body, however it does show curves.

Anime is an art style. Personally, I hate it when I want to have a Skyrim character that is in fact female, and I want her to have at least somewhat smooth looking skin, and long flowingish hair. I just like the look of it, and honestly, without mods i can't really get that done. I love my anime mods because I love the anime art style. It's a world apart from western animation. Frankly, I HATE it when mods that just chop off 90% of armor are classified as anime, and or really anything that does that is, because thats not what anime is about. Yes, SOMETIMES in anime there will be ONE or TWO females that where little to no armor, but are quite badass. However, is there no appreciation for the human body any more? My favorite forms of art are ancient greek simply because they had a love for the human body that we seem to have lost.

And I disagree with adding filters. Sure, all would be fine and dandy for a little while and everyone could get there own mods, but what happens when some really good and very well done anime mods get on the top 25. Are you all going to start complaining again, saying it doesn't belong their because it's non-lore friendly? What kind of respect does that pay to the great modders here at the Nexus? And not just anime modders. If you have ever added a mod, or even a character? Would you honestly want your mod to be thrown into a corner, and possibly forget about because you made it how you wanted it, instead of how everyone else wanted it?

We've been getting spanked for not pointing out that there already are tags for lore friendly and anime and such for doing tagged searches on Nexus.

I agree with your sentiments and direction, sort of, in pointing out that skimpy is not necessarily Japanese. However, you still fall into the group that sees all anime as being of a certain style. Anime is not an art style. "Anime" refers to animation originating in Japan, no matter the style, unless you live in Japan, then it refers to animation in general, no matter where it's from.

We've been getting spanked for not pointing out that there already are tags for lore friendly and anime and such for doing tagged searches on Nexus.

I agree with your sentiments and direction, sort of, in pointing out that skimpy is not necessarily Japanese. However, you still fall into the group that sees all anime as being of a certain style. Anime is not an art style. "Anime" refers to animation originating in Japan, no matter the style, unless you live in Japan, then it refers to animation in general, no matter where it's from.

Of course, The definition of Anime is Japanese cartoon. However, westerners have turned into something all it's own. See, if you ask anyone with a decent amount of drawing capability to draw someone in an anime style, it will most likely and usually come out in a roughly similar look. Anime has been turned into an art style but the west, and continues to be so. Quite frankly, I like the look of this new "Anime" art style. and am very happy to have it in my Skyrim.

I, for one, think that filters should be in place for ANY mod that changes the core mechanics of the game. You want anime, fine, as long as the characters don't have weapons that do extra damage or enchanted anything that noone else can get in the vanila version.

There is so many mods that will make you a walking GOD that it is really getting frustrating to find a mod ANYWHERE that doesn't stray away from the vanilla core. What happened to working for stuff? My idea of gameplay isn't getting a mod that will kill EVERYONE in one hit. So if you have any mods that have about sated, throw it my way, seriously. I love artistic rendering as long as that is what it is, nothing more. Most anime mods have extra perks which I understand is the reason why a lot of mod makers do this but it is really getting out of hand from what I have seen since the creation kit release. I have been looking for vanilla mods, and let me tell you it is hard to find any of them that doesn't give an unfair advantage.

When anime stops putting terribly shirt mini skirts on 12 year old school girls then I might give it a chance, until then I will always look at it with a bit o suspicion. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Well that is for the individual person to decide but bear in mind that my culture is built on a principle where young children are not supposed to sexualised, whereas Anime is known to err on borderline of that principle.... There is no arguing about, it does contain images that sexualise pre-teenage girls and the examples can be found all over the Internet.

I understand that a lot of Anime artists don't add that into their work but let's not confuse that with what Anime has and continues to accept as acceptable.

When anime stops putting terribly shirt mini skirts on 12 year old school girls then I might give it a chance, until then I will always look at it with a bit o suspicion. Am I wrong for thinking this way? Well that is for the individual person to decide but bear in mind that my culture is built on a principle where young children are not supposed to sexualised, whereas Anime is known to err on borderline of that principle.... There is no arguing about, it does contain images that sexualise pre-teenage girls and the examples can be found all over the Internet.

I understand that a lot of Anime artists don't add that into their work but let's not confuse that with what Anime has and continues to accept as acceptable.

Some movies have nudity and sex in them.

Does that mean all movies have nudity and sex in them? No. It's the same situation with anime. Not all anime or manga has "terribly 'shirt' mini skirts on 12 year old school girls", so I don't know why you seem to generalize and assume all anime is guilty of that.

Edited by InuyashaFE