Is it possible to clean a Skyrim mod yet?

Mystra007

I heard it was possible to use FOMM Tessnip, but surely it doesn't see all the records modified in a skyrim esp right?

My need is to copy the bookshelves from Vlindrel Hall (never expected the "script" would be that bad) so I can

have bookshelves with 18 books per shelf in my house. But whatever I do, it marks the Vlindrel Hall cell as

modified.

The only thing I know of is using File->Data, then clicking on your mod's details in order to clean it. Not sure how robust this feature is though, I'd prefer something that offers a lot more information.

Edit: Hitting the delete key on a selection will flag that thing to be Ignored (whether you modified a cell accidentally or deleted a vanilla object, or what have you); once it's flagged as ignored you just load up the mod and save again to remove what you flagged.

David, can you shed more light on it please, on how exactly you achieved the mod-cleaning through the CK?

I think many modders new to the Skyrim CK are having the same question, and a quick search at the CK Wiki doesn't shed any light.

When you open the data file selection window, there should be a "details..." button beside the "Set as active file" button.

When you click on that, it will bring up a list of every single thing your mod.. well... modifies.

To put it simply: just click on what you want to delete, then hit the "delete" key.

Load up the mod again and save it to complete the process.

I haven't tried this myself yet, but I will in a moment.

Edit!

Confirmed. This works perfectly.

Edited by TrueChaoS

• 6 months later...