⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

TUTORIAL: Adding/Replacing Music with the Creation Kit

jimmycalhoun

no event log, it just closes. what are the 'cue points' used for? because I haven't set those.

Cue points are for finale tracks, you can set time intervals for when the finale should crossfade in. It's optional so i wouldnt mess with it right now until you get this other issue resolved. Can you paste screenshots of your music track and music type settings and also the path you placed your wav file/s in?

Do you have any other mods enabled?

Edited by jimmycalhoun

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I converted from a mp3. I first attempted a 19.1 MB file. Then I thought it might be the size so I tried a 500 kb file. I originally left the priority at 48 but I was tweaking it recently to try to get it right. I used both itunes and aimersoft music converter Edited by Velintien

Yeah those sizes sound fine. I was going to try and package up my mod and link it here for you to try, but this creation kit is buggy as crap and keeps crashing. I can't even open an existing plugin and try to save it again, just keeps crashing. I wonder if it's something DRM related. Are you sure aimersoft is removing the DRM?

After some other testing it seems to only crash with new music track formID's, and not music files. I edited the specialcart01 music track to a custom one from the witcher 2, and that played fine. i also edited the formid of that track and it still worked fine, then i created a new track and replaced specialcart01 with it in the music type list and it CTD.

I can also say that file size and DRM isnt a problem, as the working one was over 40mb.

Edited by alasdairhurst

Please tell me someone has had some luck with this --- I'm having the exact same problem. Game just insta-crashes when it should play my song. I followed the original post and cleared all the items in the TownTest type and added my song. Every time I go to a town, it immediately crashes. My .wav was converted from .wma and is approximately 30 MB, placed it directly into data/Music, no sub-folder.

@jimmycalhoun

As it works for you, could you upload a simple esp with the town music change, and name of the file that has the music, then we can compare esp's to see what the difference is.

Let's say, we both create a file like in your tutorial for the shire theme : music/explore/MUSExploreTheShire.wav and with a formID of AHS_MUSExploreTheShire

Then delete everything in the town test music type and add this to it, save, and test.

Upload your file and i will compare the two in a hex editor.