War of the Commonwealth 2.0

SMB92

Still running WOTC and got back into FO4 after a break to play SSE again, and a little bummed there isn't at least a beta yet, but I saw the posting about the snag, and am glad that the safe route is being taken. Good mods are worth waiting for, and this mod is a good one. Robust configurations are also a major plus! Keep up the good work. If the burnout gets too serious, take a couple days rest. Gotta have a break every now and then.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been monitoring this thread for awhile now and was wondering if there are any updates! Thanks!

Yes and no :(

There has been no physical update to the mod itself. But I am developing new ways to tackle this severe problem with Papyrus. I'v needed a break for the past few weeks, but as much as I just wanted to play the game to get a bit more love for it back, I have been plagued by hardware issues (my own doing for buying new extravagant toys for my rig, as it stands the $900 monitor I just bought went back for warranty today).

I've also touched on another project I was working on for the past 6 months, just for a bit of reinvigoration. You can see that here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26824?

I hope to start work again full swing sometime before the start of October. You can follow our convos on the Discord server if you like. At the moment we've just been talking shiz for the past few weeks.

Well since the MCM is already out for FO4. I think you may consider intergrate the WOTC to work with MCM. Just making a suggestion. :D

That's possible, I haven't looked to deeply into it yet. My menu will be one of the biggest, if not the biggest ever seen though ;) We are thinking of going back to using Holotape now though, because on flash menus we can only display a list of 20 things (but there are other benefits).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether you know this already or not so, I'm sorry in advance if that's useless info but I always crash if I was nearing Belcher's Cave with WOTC enabled.

Once I disabled WOTC it stopped crashing for me, no idea why it was crashing though. :confused:

I don't know whether you know this already or not so, I'm sorry in advance if that's useless info but I always crash if I was nearing Belcher's Cave with WOTC enabled.

Once I disabled WOTC it stopped crashing for me, no idea why it was crashing though. :confused:

If you haven't already, try disabling highway + elevated spawns (I forget the exact term) and I never crash. Using the weekend warrior preset as a base, I also disable animal/creature & Vertibird spawns for best performance. I run WotC + a modded version of FCOM and its a lot of fun :D

I actually don't have the highway + elevated spawns mod (no idea what it's called either but I know whatcha mean).

My best guess is WOTC doesn't work with the Raider Overhaul and Tales of the Commonwealth mod in this particular case. :p

(I'd post my mods list here if anyone's interested in helping me out and find the culprit that's been getting on my nerves :laugh: )

Still running WOTC and got back into FO4 after a break to play SSE again, and a little bummed there isn't at least a beta yet, but I saw the posting about the snag, and am glad that the safe route is being taken. Good mods are worth waiting for, and this mod is a good one. Robust configurations are also a major plus! Keep up the good work. If the burnout gets too serious, take a couple days rest. Gotta have a break every now and then.

There was a beta and it was working sublimely, except the part where Papyrus started kicking my Properties out of the script or not filling them after a certain point. They've put a limit of 4096 bits to a single script. Either going to break it up a bit (which leads to some other added benefits from a coding perspective) or what I am trying really hard to do now is make the mod fully modular so that other authors can tap into it, however this is starting to look highly unfeasible for me to do because of micro management reasons.

I have sorta had a break, but other things have been burdening me quite heavily, and while those things have let up I'm starting to make advancements in this job I'm in which is going to ensure that the only time I spend working on the mod will be in my own time, outside of the 42 hours a week I spend at work on average. Add 4 kids and a wife to that mix and do the math, you can safely say I'm pretty much at peak load. But the show must go on. Fortunately Bethesda games are pretty much my hobby, outside of building machines (which I do little of thanks to finances not permitting it :p )

@Nethan - you might try looking at FO4Edit to see if there is any direct conflict between mods here, particularly with precalc (cells records conflicting mainly) but otherwise you might be looking at that spot being maybe having a dud spawnpoint in WOTC.