Want to become a modder?

kennyimpala

So i might be interested. But id like a little proof before i join if possible. Our maybe an opinion. I have a mod i did myself. My first one besides the companion one (just about .................ggestions and anything really would be great. I will happily join cause id like to mod and stuff like that. But id like a little proof and this is something i have been having trouble with. I am a complete noob as well.

Thanks is advance for any type of comment you can leave that may help our prove to me this cant be done!

if we replace the word proof with begining help.

we will be more than happy to help, but is so late, I haven't slept for 2 days already, but I promise either me or one of the moderators at the site will help.

as of now, myrmadd at least understood what you were saying, I can't even make sense of the the entire post, I saw chicken, feathers, death ..... something....

myrmadd, your waking time, is my sleeping time apparently lol

I will help tomorrow ;)

:D

Edited by kennyimpala

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much interested! Have been trying to get a mod project going for myself for quite some time! I actually posted here in these forums today, please refer to this post: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/570816-skyrim-hunting-overhaul/

I would love to learn anything from modelling, sculpting, texturing, animating etc. Please count me in!

@MastaWizard

The code for your plucking chicken feather should be something like this:

Create your feather item in the CK.

Create a script that extends actor

here's an example psuedocode for plucking the feathers, the real code is for you to learn to write yourself.

Event OnActivate (chicken)

if chicken.IsDead() == false

game.getplayer().AddItem(feathers,2) /"message will display feathers (2) added"

endif

EndEvent

wow thats the closest thing i have seen. Also i have been trying to learn it, but with no luck everything i have tried has come out with a failed compiling. Thanks for that. Though i dont know what you mean by psuedocode? Id happily learn it my self if i new the first thing about coding witch i do not.

No one knows anything about coding when we begin. And we all begin somewhere.

Pseudocode is a fake example that has the basics but might not work. It's just an example of what code looks like, not a bit of working code, though it might with luck.

hex_ratt, awesome!

Thanks myrmaad.

@ MastaWizard

My code is not correct in syntax for OnActivate. Pseudocode is what I meant by not writing proper syntax with the commands.

The best way to learn how to write code is to look at the sample codes that come with the CK. And you can see the proper use

of the command code at here: http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Papyrus

This won't compile:

Event OnActivate (chicken)

game.getplayer().AddItem(feathers,2)

endif

EndEvent

This may:

Item Property feathers auto

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)

game.getplayer().AddItem(feathers,2)

endif

EndEvent

Edited by hex_ratt

hmmm i shall test it tomorrow thank you.

Well also you may have to declare chicken aswell.

i.e.

script name extends actor

item property feathers auto

actor property chicken auto

Once you learn the basics then you can go on to harder things using function calls to script things like this: