Pirates!

Reepimeister

Pirates!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Reepicheep/Pirates02.jpg

For those pirate lovers out there, I have been working on a series of quests based around the world of good ol' fashioned piracy. Join the infamous pirate group, the Goldfang Crew, aboard the great ship known as The Seraphim and sail together into the seas. Who knows what treasures lay out there?

As you grow stronger in your piratical life, you will experience all sorts of missions beyond the horizon, far from the safeties of Tamriel!

-Raiding imperial vessels containing an abundance of goods and treasures on its way to the imperial city!

-Wage war with enemy pirates - defend your vessel against their onslaught and return in kind!

-Discover three new islands with both bounty and threat!

-Fight ancient, monstrous sea creatures!

-Go from a landlubber, to a Swabbie, to a Captain in command of your crew and eventually to a Pirate King or Queen!

-If all goes to pot, theres always booze!

I wish there were decent screenshots at this stage but, alas, there are not. It isn't good enough to share. Or maybe its too good?

For those expecting to actually sail ships around... okay, its not THAT good.

But freakin' pirates, man!

((Edit: If any interior designers are willing to take a small load off my back, I would appreciate a PM. Only generic stuff...

Several Bravil-style houses, 4-5 varieties of captain's cabins and one fort. I can specify more details personally))

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU MAKING A PIRATE MOD???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I cant wait! Thank you thank you thank you so much dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try and make it something like Pirates of the Caribbean :D Please. :) Oh and if you can make pirate pistols and better cutlasses :D. It's obviously your choice though, just saying, Finally a fellow Pirate :D Thank you again Mate!! :thumbsup:

I dunno about pirate pistols (Hell, whats to stop me trying?)

If you want better cutlasses, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul offers tonnes of new ones.* I will try and get permissions to use them, for sure!

*get it and murder the Oakenhull guy. He has a dark steel noble cutlass or something like that - pretty hot. Theres also one in the captain's chest of the Marie Eleina (sp) in the waterfront. Just a tip. :)

COOL!! Thanks dude :D You rock! I love all ye Fellow Pirate Fan Mateys! Ill try and get that overhaul thing :) Thanks again :) Can't wait until your mod!

One of the three islands the piratical player can visit... Port Ash!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Reepicheep/Ash01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Reepicheep/Ash03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Reepicheep/Ash02.jpg

Very early stages. Slightly clusterless... and peopleless.

I've hit a snag were the texture in a certain cell refuses to edit, leaving it a totally different texture to the area around it. It managed to blend it a bit, but its still noticeable. Any light that may be shed?

Also, thanks for the support, Lip.

Fantastic! No problem :) I cant thank you enough for making such a cool mod and AGAIN lol Thank you :D

Oh, and a little tip, you mentioned sailing your ship around.

You can actually do that. If you get "Jason's Pilotable Pirate ship" Mod you can captain one and sail it around n stuff :) Theres a few bugs in it so it's not to perfect but it's good enough to feel like a real captain :D

You can actually do that. If you get "Jason's Pilotable Pirate ship" Mod you can captain one and sail it around n stuff :) Theres a few bugs in it so it's not to perfect but it's good enough to feel like a real captain :D

I considered it, but it really isn't feasible. Or remotely useful according to what I have planned. Much as I love the mod and spent hours sailing my ship up and down the river.

The rowing boat mod could be of use, but I think I'll just let players use it in conjunction with my mod if they want to use it.

Did you try out the cutlasses in OOO?

Ok. And no I didn't unfortunately. Is it Dave's Oblivion Overhaul or Oscuros oblivion Overhaul? Just I'm not sure which one :S

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated here much, and I'm probably not going to anymore but I can say there has been progress.

I'm working with a team on this, but I'm still wanting some exterior playtesters to help us debug our progress as we go.

If anyone is interested in testing this mod in various stages, send a shout. You will be credited, of course. If I don't get back to you or reject you, it would be because I have enough.

Archived