Any mods that allow you to move workbench?

yzerman19

Also note you can move anything (including the workbench) simply using the command console and the command "modpos" .

You move the objects using the X.Y.Z positioning.

Example :

Lets say you want to lift or lower something .

Open console then click on the object and type "modpos z xx " ( no quotes) . The xx is where you type the number of units you want it to move. Like so ... modpos z 20 will move the object up 20 units.

Adding a negative value like -20 will do the opposite .

The same applies to X and Y .

NOTE: SPACES ARE IMPORTANT .

If you arent sure how much it will move start with small values like 5 or 10 so you dont accidentally move it out of sight and can find it.

Even if you screw up you can use the negative/opposite value to bring it back .

Either way i suggest you SAVE FIRST so you can go back prior to moving it if you make a mistake.

I would suggest not moving the workbench.

Im curious as to why you shouldnt ??

As long as its still in the cell there isnt any issue.

Ive seen people (newbies) even disable the workbench and settlement still functioned...

I would suggest not moving the workbench.

Im curious as to why you shouldnt ??

As long as its still in the cell there isnt any issue.

Ive seen people (newbies) even disable the workbench and settlement still functioned...

It seemed to corrupt the save/settlement in which i did that. Preferred to be safe.

Place Everywhere will let you move the workbench. There is a special object mode that can be enabled using the INS key to toggle it. At least that's how mine works.

Huh, I never realised that. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't often need to move workbenches so I currently don't have Move That Workbench installed, but the one in County Crossing is horribly in my way. Curse that compulsion to build the biggest settlements in the smallest spaces ;D