Installd mods doesnt work

szadolowicz

The problem is exactly like in the topic. I will describe my problem so you can tell me what im doing wrong.

My basic-vanilla version of Oblivion is 1.20416 so I have installed Unofficial Patch which updates my Oblivion to version:1.0.228.Then I have installed Mod manager in the correct folder.

I've dowloaded the .rar archive of OOO mod and the .exe file of OOO mod.

Trying with .exe file concluded no effects to the game.

I've installed mods like this(in mod manager) :

Create > name the mod>add archive, select the archive>select data, no plugins(i tried with both with no result)> create omod> everithing created succesfully> i choose the created mod , utilities -archive invalidation>BSA alternation>updated succesfully> activate the mod which changes color to blue.

I've done the same procedure to the other mods (graphic mods) and there is no result.

When I click Oblivion icon the panel with options like : play,data files,options ..... opens I clck Data Files and i see that these mod are listed there so im confused wtf is wrong.

Please replay and help me because i love Oblivion and i woluld like to play him at his best.

Do i need all DLC installed to mod the game ?

Sorry for my bad language.

Edited by szadolowicz

A couple of points to keep in mind ...

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch (UOP) will not change the version number displayed by the game's main menu. Not sure where you've downloaded the UOP from, but if it's not from that particular page you could have some "unofficial" version of the UOP.

I can't give any advice about which version of OOO you should use (RAR version or EXE version) as I don't use it myself. I do advise against using BSA Alteration as a method of archive invalidation though ... the best method to use is BSA Redirection. BSA Alteration is an older method than BSA Redirection, that had problems in keeping it working that are completely avoided with BSA Redirection. When/if you find an old mod that says to use BSA Alteration you can safely ignore that advice and continue along with BSA Redirection.

On the subject of archive invalidation ... if you use the Steam version of the game you will need to go through one extra step to get BSA Redirection to work (Steam changed all the vanilla game BSA files like Oblivion - Meshes.bsa and Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa to a modern file date, which broke BSA Redirection for all their users). For Steam users the steps in Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) are ... Utilities -> Archive Invalidation -> select BSA Redirection -> click on Reset BSA Timestamps -> click on Update Now -> done. For disk versions of the game there is no need to click on Reset BSA Timestamps, but doing so won't hurt anything.

You do not need to have the DLC to play the game modded except where noted in a mod description. It is fairly common to find mods that require Shivering Isles for instance.

If in fact your game version is not version 1.2.0416 what happens when you install mods that are designed to work with the latest version of the game (so all but the very oldest mods that have never been updated) is that when you start the game it will silently ignore any mods that require the latest version of the game ... so it will be exactly as you describe.

Figure out why you are going from version 1.2.0416 to version 1.0.228 before moving on to installing mods.