ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Trying to create new world spaces... NOT WORKING!

Korodic

So I tried several times to duplicate and create new world spaces. They came out extremely buggy one way or another. When simply duplicating a world, object may remain where they are but the land itself are all over the place, different z coorindates for each cell. So there's just squares of land here and there. Eventually it leads to a crash.

Juts had my friend test it and he has the same issue. Anyone else having this problem? Because it's a pretty serious kill-joy for my plans :(

Best not to duplicate worldspaces.

Go to World -> Worldspaces

RightClick -> New -> Set your parameters

Create a location for your worldspace in WorldData -> Locations

go back to World -> Worldspaces -> Yourworldspacehere -> Location -> Select your location

CellView -> Worldspacename

Huzzah.

As a headsup, the heightmap editor is broken, it will always crash.

Another hint of advice, do not start texturing untill you have absolutely, positively finished modelling your landscape. It saves a tonne of pain if you do.

Do not render the LOD of your worldpsace untill everything is done. It's a glitchy mess that sometimes-not-really-but-kinda-might-maybe-sometimes-work-with-much-pain to do it more than once. And, for the love of god, DO NOT do anything with your compy whilst it is rendering the LOD. Please. Don't suffer what I have D:

• 4 weeks later...
Tip - use Oscape to generate LOD for worldspaces ;) There are a lot of bugs in the CK, so external tools are necesarry. PM Maegfear if you want to know exact details, he as created a heightmap of middle earth and imported it into skyrim including all the LOD for the worldspace and the map.

• 2 weeks later...

Do remember that Oscape is for Vista/7.

If you have XP (LIke me) Your diddled.

See, that just ruined my mod! Whats the point of going through all the creation of a new world space if the CK cant finsih it...I think Bethseda is toying with all the fans by releasing a partially working CK. "ARG! All my dreams have been smashed to re-animated ash."

Do remember that Oscape is for Vista/7.

If you have XP (LIke me) Your diddled.

I have Vista and I'm still diddled. None of the .esm or .esp show up in Oscape. I've run as admin, tried 32/64, moved the files around, etc. They just won't show up at all.

edit: Damn, 6 years and this was my second post.

Edited by cuth