Graphical Distortion

Slaiv

I just finished putting MW on my new PC. Now, when I play the game, little [1 pixel by 1 pixel] dots keep appearing on my screen, then disappearing. There are probably 2 dozen on the screen at once. They flicker on and off, at random places on the screen.

I have an ATI Radeon Sapphire/Atlantis 256MB 9600 graphics card......

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Please!

ahh, fellow ATI Radeon user, i too had this problem with my 9000 pro (oi, i couldnt shell out $600!), it was whenever i overclocked it, and all over the terrain would be these weird white things flickering everywhere, the higher i overclocked, the worse it got, till i went back to the normal clock speeds and it went away, OR, your video card could have a faulty fan, and if you havent overclocked it yet, then its still in warranty, try returning it for another one.

or you could always add another fan, might i suggest a water cooler?

an off topic question

how come it only allows me to turn truform on to aplication only, either that or off and i cant get it runnign

on topic

thats odd, the problems got worse whenever i overclocked and used the FPS optimiser...just ran faster...

I dunno. It's happening again. I don't even know if my GPU has a fan [my case has seven.] I haven't overclocked yet, I have an AMD Athlon 2400+ Xtreme......I don't know why it isn't working. I guess I should try contacting Sapphire/Atlantis and/or ATI.....

It also happens when I play the new Far Cry Demo......

Did this happen to you only when you played MW, or all the time?

And it doesn't seem to happen when in cities with lots of polys...

• 6 months later...

i sometimes have the really strange ability to see thru rocks and interiour walls

and the screen sometimes breaks up when iam fighting of more then 10 enemies

i use a ati radeon 9200 se

i just had the problem since a week or 2

ahh, fellow ATI Radeon user, i too had this problem with my 9000 pro (oi, i couldnt shell out $600!), it was whenever i overclocked it, and all over the terrain would be these weird white things flickering everywhere, the higher i overclocked, the worse it got, till i went back to the normal clock speeds and it went away, OR, your video card could have a faulty fan, and if you havent overclocked it yet, then its still in warranty, try returning it for another one.

or you could always add another fan, might i suggest a water cooler?

there is this build in fan-system that cools the entire pc down top a average 25 celsius

its cheaper then a water cooler wich brings it down to a average 30/35 celsius

Archived