GECK → Custom Plugin not taking effect in-game?

MayoTiger

I've created my own little GECK plugin which basically just alters a lot of weapon and armour stats from both Vanilla and Broken Steel and it's not taking any effect in-game. The plugin is in my data folder, it shows in NMM and the Launcher and I've got it checked, I unchecked then checked Archive Invalidation, and it's at the bottom of my load order.

Could anyone tell me if I've possibly missed a step or just give me some ideas to try?

Note: The game is a little modded and has FOSE etc.

Appreciate it. :tongue:

How are you verifying that the changes aren't showing up in game ? Is there a setting you could change dramatically (e.g. timescale to 5) to have certainty that the change isn't carrying through ?

Could you disable any other mods that affect these (weapon) settings and see if they were inhibiting (somehow !) your .esp changes ?

Edited by csbx

How are you verifying that the changes aren't showing up in game ? Is there a setting you could change dramatically (e.g. timescale to 5) to have certainty that the change isn't carrying through ?

Could you disable any other mods that affect these (weapon) settings and see if they were inhibiting (somehow !) your .esp changes ?

Thanks for your reply!

Weapons like the Chinese Pistol are what I changed especially because lets be honest its garbage lol - but it remains that way. I'm checking its damage along with some other weapons' ammo, damage, etc.

Any other mods are solely for aesthetics.

Well for testing purposes ... load your other plugins (.esp files) into Fo3edit ... probably 1 at a time for easier looksee.

And see what weapons they have listed ? If they have the same weapons you do ... then you need to de-isolate so your plugin can override those.

Which you would do by turning their .esp into an .esm ... then load the geck checking that as a master with yours being the active ... change something and save the file. Then turn theirs back into an .esp ... should make it so your change being the last in the load order will override theirs.