Water in Skyrim Should be Cold

Midwinter1888

Hi,

The one thing that strikes me as deeply unrealistic in Skyrim is the fact that the player can swim about in mountain streams, freezing rivers and the ice-bound sea without a care in the world. Maybe Nords should be able to do this (they seem to like the cold) but any other race should suffer for such idiotic behavior. Anyone who has seen the last scenes of the movie Titanic will understand that cold water is fatal to mammals over extended periods of time.

What I want to make - or see someone else create - is a mod that makes swimming in Skyrim waters first steadily reduce your stamina, them reduce your health to the point of death. The water in Fallout 3 had a similar effect, except with radiation poisoning, so I know that it's theoretically possible. There were also FO3 mods that changed the lethality of the water radiation, so I know the effect wasn't hardcoded into the game.

Unfortunately, I don't know which bit of the creation kit deals with water, so I don't know where to start. Can anyone offer any advice?

Bumping is not allowed.

Your 'bump' post has been deleted from the topic.

--LM

Edited by LadyMilla

I hadn't really thought about makingthe air damaging but, of course, that makes good sense. The method would be much the same as the radiation areas in Fallout 3 (near toxic waste barrels, for example).

How to make the entire northern part of the map dangerously cold? Any ideas?

Edited by Midwinter1888

• 1 month later...