New Town/Castle...but WHERE?

tibay

Hello guys, first of all let me get this straight: I'm still workin on the CK, trying to figure out how it works and how to

mod Skyrim properly. Right now I'm just fooling around with pre-existing models, so this will take some time-a lot actually.

BUT:

My final goal is to create a new town, or maybe just a big castle. The questio is: where should I put it?

Skyrim map seems soo filled with dungeons/mines/shacks/etc. I can't find the right place!

Please, would you like to give me some hints?

How about making a new island somewhere in the middle of the sea where you can put it?

Otherwise, I think this was a map from gamebanshee that shows all the locations in skyrim. Try to find an empty spot :P

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Skyrim-Map-All-Locations.jpg

How about putting it on the smaller landmass to the left of Morthal?

Edited by amycus

How about making a new island somewhere in the middle of the sea where you can put it?

Otherwise, I think this was a map from gamebanshee that shows all the locations in skyrim. Try to find an empty spot :P

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Skyrim-Map-All-Locations.jpg

How about putting it on the smaller landmass to the left of Morthal?

I guess adding new land it's a little more problematic than just creating a new town. However, i'm sure buy the time I'll learn how to work with the CK, there'll be plenty of tutorials/guides about

how creating new lands and making new towns.

And yes, the space near Morthal was one of the first spots I saw, but there's a reason it's so empty: it's a giant, big swamp.

I was thinking about somewhere between Whiterun and Riften, since the view is also very nice there.

Hello guys, first of all let me get this straight: I'm still workin on the CK, trying to figure out how it works and how to

mod Skyrim properly. Right now I'm just fooling around with pre-existing models, so this will take some time-a lot actually.

BUT:

My final goal is to create a new town, or maybe just a big castle. The questio is: where should I put it?

Skyrim map seems soo filled with dungeons/mines/shacks/etc. I can't find the right place!

Please, would you like to give me some hints?

just PM'ed you - let me know what you think.

I was thinking about somewhere between Whiterun and Riften, since the view is also very nice there.

How is the area to the northeast of that big mountain that lies between Whiterun and riften?

Quite tough building ground, very uneven, and the parts that are available mostly contain something already... Perhaps it is still possible to find a place suitable for your needs if looking through it carefully.

I myself did find a little bit of building ground which suits my needs (trading post/small village) between Morthal and Rorikstead.

Another good bet is to look around Rorikstead or looking at the areas near Korvanjund, Alftand or Snow Veil Sanctum for more snowy regions. Riften may work too.

Here's another map, though a bit unreadable, it shows what sort of landscape is used where in case you're trying to find something specific.

http://codamon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/SKYRIMfullmap.jpg

Edited by Thunderwolf1989