What a fizzer

ell46

:mellow: just finished the main quest line and what a fizzer. Went back to speak to the Jarl of Whiterun just of the off chance he might have something to say... not a word, it's like it never happened, then on the way out a guard said I was stupid for letting the dragon go... went home to Vilkas, spouse in name only, to be greeted with "are you lost" then the programmed response of "nice to see you again dear", no hug, no kiss, no I'm glad your safe, saw him a whole different light, a stupid, filthy dirty, ragamuffin.

Anyone else found the whole thing left you feeling completely flat :ermm: I can't see me playing this again for a very long time.

That's just how the "TES" are. The thing I hate is people just treat you like your a normal human, I wish they had it so you feel more powerful in game and people feared you if you were bad or people like you if you were good and people whisper when you walk by like "My god it's the dragon born" in a whisper.. I wish they had more reactions in the game.

I just wish they had more little things to make you feel like your a Dragon born, because when people look at you there just like "Oh hello" and there on with their business.

I wish they had more reactions in the game.

I just wish they had more little things to make you feel like your a Dragon born, because when people look at you there just like "Oh hello" and there on with their business.

Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying - of course you don't. :hurr:

Also, what's a fizzer? :psyduck:

I agree. It's like the guards know all about your exploits through rumors, but if you try to seek any validation from anyone else who would hear these rumors first hand or have inside information, you are forgotten about. You'd figure there would be something said or questioned regarding your return from your final venture by the Jarl or his court.

I basically just get far enough in the MQ to get most of the shouts and access to dragons, then focus on the rest of the game. I too was let down by the abrupt end and lame final fight. I mean for most of the fight the NPC's take care of the dragon for you.

katling has the meaning of fizzer right, it's like when you light a firework and your expecting a good show and it's damp and just fizzes a bit then nothing.

Nothing you do impacts on NPC'a really, when you stop being a werewolf you still get the same lame comments about howling and furry ears and if you play a good character and haven't stolen or done anything wrong, at least as far as you know, you get called a "sneak thief" it all gets very boring and lame.

chanchan05 - no one sees you fight, I agree, BUT the Jarl knows what's happening we presume your spouse knows what you do for a living and what's going on in your life, a bit of dialogue asking if it went well would have been nice, Vilkas and Co could have asked if you saw Kodlak. I don't want a party and/or parade, just some human to acknowledge what you have done. Plus it doesn't seem to matter if no one is around to see you do anything in the middle of nowhere the whole of Skyrim knows about it, which really cheeses me off.

Well, one thing you forgot is that, nothing really changed outside after you defeated Alduin, the dragons are still there laying waste. The only difference is that the world won't end anymore. So if it was me and all I hear are rumors with no actual change after the said event, I'd be most likely to go O RLY?

Well, one thing you forgot is that, nothing really changed outside after you defeated Alduin, the dragons are still there laying waste. The only difference is that the world won't end anymore. So if it was me and all I hear are rumors with no actual change after the said event, I'd be most likely to go O RLY?

That is strange, because since I killed Alduin I haven't seen a dragon, I know they are supposed to be around because I've read it in other threads, not that I'm complaining, like Oblivion gates they have become very tiresome so it wouldn't bother me if I don't see any more.

Yep, and the amount of character interaction in Skyrim is pathetic. Out of all the followers and friends you gain throughout the game, with the exception of Erandur, I never felt any kind of warmth toward any of them. I haven't met ever follower in the game yet but Erandur was the only one that felt like he had an actual personality and background. Every other NPC feels like they are just there to basically fight or trade with. Take the followers you can acquire in Fallout New Vegas for example (I am using NV as an example because the interactions and dialogue are similar.) All of the followers from NV have their own story and goals. This type of character interaction is done wonderfully in Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect.