Riverwood is mad

rpger30

I recently got done with some questing and went to unload a pile of loot at the Riverwood Trader. I fast traveled to the normal Riverwood location.

I hit the wait key to see what time it was, and got the "cannot wait with enemies nearby" message.

Thinking it was a distant dragon, I proceeded into the town toward Lucan's shop. Lucan traded with me as normal, and both he and Camilla were fine.

Suddenly my compass shows about 6 red dots, which expands to 8-10. Most of the town along with the guards are mad at me.

I have no bounty, and I haven't attacked anyone in the town in front of anyone else.

I did kill Hilde and Sven not long ago, but both were killed without witnesses. I've since been able to move freely in Riverwood for the last 3-4 trips there.

Sven was killed in the inn, but I've done this on many characters with no negative consequences.

Any help? Console commands etc?

Thank you!

The standard wait 3 days in another area thing seems to have worked.

I'm betting that Delphine got triggered somehow while I was killing Sven in the inn. Waiting three days must have reset her and cleaned up the bodies too.

Although really I wonder if this isn't corpse related and not a "bug" at all. It actually makes logical sense for this to happen, but I'm not sure if it is intended or a bug.