Skyrim CTD after Beth. Logo NOT AUDIO QUALITY

Westonski

As you can probably infer from the title, my Skyrim has been crashing right after the Bethesda logo. There is no error message, it just closes to desktop. I have been trying to fix this all afternoon and can't come up with anything of my own, nor have I found anyone on the internet who is experiencing a similar problem. I uninstalled the anti-freeze patch by Boris Vorontsov (Don't think that's even an official patch, but it was on my computer and I didn't install it) because there was something that looked like an error message in the top left corner while the Bethesda logo was playing. It went away, but the problem still persists.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 (quad core) @ 3.5 GHz

Radeon HD 5770

4 GB RAM

Win 7 OS

Experiencing the same problem with a very different PC. Nothing I've done has solved it yet. The one clue I have is that I restarted my PC for the first time in a few days before this problem started occurring. I think something might have updated but I can't for the life of me recall what.

Experiencing the same problem with a very different PC. Nothing I've done has solved it yet. The one clue I have is that I restarted my PC for the first time in a few days before this problem started occurring. I think something might have updated but I can't for the life of me recall what.

I've fixed my problem. Turns out I had conflicting mods. Actually I'm not sure if it was conflicting mods or just one mod that was messing with my system. Maybe you have the same problem. Good luck! :)

I've fixed my problem. Turns out I had conflicting mods. Actually I'm not sure if it was conflicting mods or just one mod that was messing with my system. Maybe you have the same problem. Good luck! :)

Thanks! I think I'll need it. :/

I've been playing for over 200 hours without a problem, until tonight.

Windows 7, 64 bit; i7 processor

Mods loaded through Nexus mod manager:

Quality world map

Complete crafting overhaul

Deadly dragons

Natural nudes

Overlook tower

Smithing perks overhaul

Weapons and armor fixes

Everything has been working just fine. Tonight I subscribed, through steam, to "dynamic merchants". When i click on play, it gets as far as the Bethesda splash screen and then crashes to the desktop just after the little steam icon shows up in the lower right.

I have:

rebooted

unsubscribed from that mod

restarted steam

The merchant mod appeared in mod manager, but not as being active. i deleted it from there.

Any ideas?

I had this problem before, it worked again when I updated SKSE and rebooted. I probably had a different error. Try running without mods and try a test save game. Then you can use that save game to systematically test out and see whats crashing it. The bug is hard to predict or replicate, at least for me. Also, try deleting your .ini and letting skyrim make a fresh one, that solved some problems for me before.

I've been playing for over 200 hours without a problem, until tonight.

Windows 7, 64 bit; i7 processor

Mods loaded through Nexus mod manager:

Quality world map

Complete crafting overhaul

Deadly dragons

Natural nudes

Overlook tower

Smithing perks overhaul

Weapons and armor fixes

Everything has been working just fine. Tonight I subscribed, through steam, to "dynamic merchants". When i click on play, it gets as far as the Bethesda splash screen and then crashes to the desktop just after the little steam icon shows up in the lower right.

I have:

rebooted

unsubscribed from that mod

restarted steam

The merchant mod appeared in mod manager, but not as being active. i deleted it from there.

Any ideas?

I can tell you that I had a similar grouping of mods as you, and the mod that was my problem was Deadly Dragons. Try disabling that one and see where it gets you.

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem as everyone else here, and I'm running the cider wrapper version on Mac book pro. I installed all my mods manually (w/out launcher), and found out later that the killable children mod was the conflicting one.

• 10 months later...

I am having the same issue CTD right after bethesda logo/skyrim log right before main menu. I got it to work on my older computer with very minimal settings. Toshiba satellite 2008 model (Laptop) AMD RADON 2100 single core sempron etc. My new computer Is a Dell Insperon Special Edition 17R

I7, 1TB HDD, 8GBRAM, 2gb Dedicated Graphics nvidida geforce gt 650M. I should be able to run this game just fine. However, i have no mods or DLC installed and it still crashes...and if it helps im not running it through steam...Like i said i got it to work well enough to play on my older computer but on my new one i have no idea. I also do not have any updates or patches.

Edited by nmccarrick36