Skyrim CTD after Beth. Logo NOT AUDIO QUALITY

Westonski

What's up guys? No one checks other comments before creating a new thread?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/917332-skyrimsteam-issue-immediate-crash/

I've had this problem for over two days now. I'm 100% sure that it's:

A Steam problem,

Related to the recent update of both Steam and Windows,

Most likely a problem with .NET, DirectX or VCredist,

Nothing to do with mod order or NMM.

I'm waiting for a reply from Vault/Steam but I expect that it'll require a complete Windows recovery before this problem is resolved.

I

Me too-- several threads going on this issue right now, so far the consensus is the last Steam update messed things up. It's possible that mods which used to work fine are conflicting with the updates.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to re-vert Steam to an earlier version?

A quick update:

I launched Steam yesterday and got a third (!!!) Steam client update.

After this update, I could play Skyrim with 99% of my mods active (as opposed to the past few days when it didn't work with all the mods de-activated).

My suggestion:

Launch Steam, get the update, see if it works. If not, start turning off batches of mods to see if it helps.

P.S. Don't forget to make sure you're launching Steam and Skyrim with admin rights (including SKSE/NMM).

@ Westonski (not talking to the other people with steam problems)

999999 times out of 1000000 when skyrim crashes right after the bethesda logo its A MOD CONFLICT

PLEASE READ THE STICKY POSTED AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ON THIS VERY FORUM IT IS THERE TO HELP YOU, NOT TO BE IGNORED!

the sticky is there to help you with these problems and prevent these kinds of threads from even being posted. (if you want to read the sticky and then post a thread for help finding the conflicting mod that is fine) HOWEVER threads like these that have already been answered in the sticky take forum space away from problems that other people are having that are actually unanswered. you said you have been looking everywhere and couldn't find anyone else having the same problem? try looking at the top of the forum you posted in :D

there are only 2 stickies there! you should try to skim through them before you make a new thread and see if your problem is listed because in this case... IT IS.. That was you don't even need to wait for an answer because its already there prepared for you.. this is easily ONE OF THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS WITH SKYRIM so please read the stickies before posting.

it even has nice big/easy to spot headers called

05. CTDS ON START-UP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND

08. CONFLICTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Demonik420