Institutionalized Bug, Need Help

gmg2dave

I know this is an old thread but I had much the same problem and my solution was a bit different. I do have some mods but nothing too crazy.

Problem: I could talk to the synth child Shaun but it wasn't triggering anything. I tried all the solutions offered (previous saves, no power armor, etc.).

What finally worked:

1. Used console to unlock the door to Father/Shaun's room.
  2. setstage mq207 40. Note: this did not trigger Father's quest response.
  3. Went in and talked to Father but he gave the generic responses (i.e. not the quest responses).
  4. setstage mq207 150. Father still gave generic responses. Went and talked to the division leaders. After talking with Madison Li she didn't update my Pip.
  5. setstage mq207 200. This finished the quest and updated my Pip. You can verify that it worked if The Institute shows up on your map.
  6. Father wouldn't start the next quest until I ran startquest inst301. At that point everything seemed to be back on track.

• 1 month later...

I found a fix for a bug in the quest Institutionalized, when the father does not come to the conversation and the child Shaun does not want to talk! I tried all the tips from the Internet, disabled the doors, setstage cheats to the quest, sat, slept, walked naked, jumped on one leg around me, but nothing helped. I did the following:

1 Preserved next to Sean

2 Disabled all mods.

3 Loaded the game: Shaun spoke up immediately. Father deigned to leave! I saved the new game.

4 Closed the game. He turned on all the mods again.

5 Loaded previous save (where mods are enabled)

6 Voila, Shaun has become more accommodating and mods work as before.

Iam russian - google translate ;)