Fallout 4 CTDs when loading saves + screen flickers after loading up

twotonedearly

For the past few days I've had this problem with Fallout 4, after launching the game the screen flickers during the intro video and on the title screen, mod menus, etc. Also when loading a save I get a CTD with no errors or a popup telling me the game stopped responding. I had thought a mod was doing this but I'm beginning to think the updated Nvidia graphics driver I got recently broke the game.

I did some testing with another game (Skyrim SE) and it loaded and played without a problem, so I wonder if it's not the driver then it might be something with the installation. I loaded Fallout 4 with no mods and the game CTDs and flickers still during the intro movie.

yeah I tried to verify the cache and that didn't do anything.

and I haven't edited the .ini save for the enabling of mods

and here's my specs

OS is Windows 10

my RAM is 8 GBs

my graphics card is NVidia GeForce GT 630.

My processor is Intel® Core i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Okay I just got the game to go without a crash, though now I'm seeing textures vanish or flicker while in game. This has happened to me when I'm at Taffington Boat House, a lot of the house's exterior is invisible though they become visible when I'm at either a distance away or up close.

I also noticed a missing wall in Eddie Winter's hideout when I did the mission "A Long time coming" with Nick Valentine.