Can't pick up Puzzle Box

partlow11

I know I've seen this discussed somewhere else, BUT, when I go to pick up the dwemer (??) puzzle box, I can't.....(Sorry I forgot how to spell it). I'm playing on XBox, GoTY edition. Did I forget to do something or is this a bug??? Basically how can I move on without starting a new game, I'm pretty far to start a new one. Thanks!! :ranting:

The "item box" comes up, I look directly at it, but when i click on it to pick it up....Nothing!! I grabbed a few other things in the room, but the game won't let me pick up the box!!!! I've already done this before with another character, but this time, NOPE!!!

I've never heard of a problem like that before.

My suggestion:

1) Destroy your XBox version of Morrowind.

2) Buy the game for PC

3) Live a much happier life thereafter.

or, if that's too much, (4) try talking to Hasphat Antabolis. If you got the journal entry, perhaps the bug will just bypass the lack of the item. If it doesn't, there's not much you can do. You're on Xbox, so there aren't any drivers, console commands, or patches to worry about. I'd try emailing Bethesda if #4 doesn't work.

Yeah, I think you used to be able to pick up the puzzle box prior to the main quest, but I noticed recently that I can't pick it up until I start the main quest and talk to Hasphat. (And this is on the PC version, so it's not just XBox). I guess Bethesda decided to add it in a patch as a precaution :P

• 9 years later...

i'm having this problem right now, i have taken the quest, and the puzzle box won't let me grab it. honestly, i don't get it, how can the game be so popular if it doesn't work?

and sorry about the necropost

Edited by greg079

I've never heard of a problem like that before.

My suggestion:

1) Destroy your XBox version of Morrowind.

2) Buy the game for PC

3) Live a much happier life thereafter.

or, if that's too much, (4) try talking to Hasphat Antabolis. If you got the journal entry, perhaps the bug will just bypass the lack of the item. If it doesn't, there's not much you can do. You're on Xbox, so there aren't any drivers, console commands, or patches to worry about. I'd try emailing Bethesda if #4 doesn't work.

Haha! I love this one! I will say this, though, I have played Morrowind and Oblivion on the console and it is much buggier than the PC versions. Also, there is no advantage of mods or patches. Not that I'm saying you should get PC, just making an observation.