Friendly fire begone!

Nerdmurai

So I'm a pretty follower oriented person. I love commanding my armies and such but I love being in the fray with them as well in large battles.... but I'm seriously tired of watching my character perform kill moves on my own followers (and them actually die because apparently I bypass the "essential" setting of my own companions... but yet I can't stab Tulius in the face like the *censored* he is and kill him).

Anyway, here's my request.

Remove friendly fire.

OR

Make followers TRULY essential so I can't kill them cause of slow animations and bad targetting system

Edited by Christhesilent

I guess that could easy. If you can't hit children then you can make it the same for followers i guess. Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

I know what you mean... except my dog and companion die aswell...

I use the Fire Storm spell, so it basically just kills everyone around me. When I turn around to smile at Lydia and Vigilance, I see them face first on the ground. Dead.

Oh, my facial reaction:

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i361/vellox/FUUUU.jpg

• 3 years later...

Why hasn't a fix to cast fire storm away from the caster been done? Wouldn't it make sense to cast master spells away from you? Casting on the caster just sounds dumb because all the followers are most likely near you.

There I said my bit about what should be done in the destruction tree, NO MORE CASTING SPELLS ON CASTER WITHOUT CHOICE!

If I choose to blow myself up, let me make the choice.

Someone, please fix that "Bethesda Blunder".

Check out the No Friendly Fire mod by Phinix. It adds a magic ability to toggle your followers into either ignoring or suffering the effects of friendly fire from your character. Unfortunately, it does not make followers ignore friendly fire from each other. The UFO mod for multiple followers includes a Field Command spell book that gives your character a spell "Stop Fighting" (as well as other useful commands) to keep followers from killing each other - very handy!

Edited by ScottC12

If you play through the Dragon Born DLC Their is an Upgrade option that you obtain (A Power) That prevents y our attacks spells and shouts from hurting allied NPC's, its a cool feature to have if you are follower oriented as I am, but before that I simply gave the best armor and potions I had to my allies, plus you can also use console commands to make the person in question essential, which means they cannot be killed.