Supermutants are women too

Malakhym

If more individualism in the mutants is what is wanted/needed, then actually I can definitely agree. The Talking Heads of previous games showed the Supermutants to be a bit homogeneous, but they definitely did have some personal character. The FEV mutation robbed them of a lot of individuality, but not all of it. Each Mutant talking head looked slightly different, just like the people did.

It's obvious Marcus was once Black, so it should be equally obvious that some of the mutants were once female. Not in the "I'd Hit It" kind of way, but with a bit of their former look.

Boobs I'd say, no... but facially? Yes. I'd must assuredly support this as long as some crazy non-lore explanation wasn't given, and the effect was somewhat subtle.

If more individualism in the mutants is what is wanted/needed, then actually I can definitely agree. The Talking Heads of previous games showed the Supermutants to be a bit homogeneous, but they definitely did have some personal character. The FEV mutation robbed them of a lot of individuality, but not all of it. Each Mutant talking head looked slightly different, just like the people did.

It's obvious Marcus was once Black, so it should be equally obvious that some of the mutants were once female. Not in the "I'd Hit It" kind of way, but with a bit of their former look.

Boobs I'd say, no... but facially? Yes. I'd must assuredly support this as long as some crazy non-lore explanation wasn't given, and the effect was somewhat subtle.

Honestly, what bothers me most about NV super mutants is that they all look like clones, with the exception of Marcus. Neil was the other one that had the most individuality (even had some hair). I'd much rather see a SM mod that adds some more variety to mutants, rather than another playable SM mod. Unfortunately, it would require a lot of work. Hopefully Bethesda will handle mutants differently for the next Fallout and faces can be edited like humans and ghouls.

Faux (pronounced Fox) the supermutant that can become a follower in FO3 was also female.

It's Fawkes, and that's not true. It was confirmed by the the FO3 lead designer that Fawkes is, for all intents and purposes, male.

According to what Fawkes said made it clear that she was a woman and that the leader was obsessed with her before the transformation and still was after which is why he locked her up, and what was announced by the leader that Fawkes was "she" and "her".

Still was just trying to point out another example that was female from what was said in game. I'd definitely like to see anything that creates some individuality for the supermutants. In NV they weren't a swarm of mobs and yet they still treated them as cookiecutter clones, without even the flavor of the conversations between supermutants giving them some backstory (which bugged me in a settlement of them). There should have been much more of a tribal settlement feel to them I thought.

Edit: Just replayed that part in 3 and I was wrong it was notes that passed on that info..but Fawkes was definitly one of the three female subjects from the prewar experiment that was listed as "promising". Fawkes had been there since prewar and the subject code on the door was the same as the only femal subject's that wasn't mentioned as having "complications" in the later entries (you find dead centaurs in their cells), Fawkes own dialog tells you that Fawkes has been there since the prewar scientists were running the first experiments since the first memories are after the transformation and the scientists were still running the early experiments.

Edited by greenknightfury

• 6 months later...
Fawkes is a male. Theres unused audiologs of him speaking as a human... I had a mod in FO3 that added them back into the game. He was put into the holding cell by the other mutant because he was... different (intelligent and not as aggressive) and the holding cell belonged to a female.

user 'LordInquisitor' has already made over 10 female supermutant variants.

I suggest you PM him.

I'm sure he'd be happy to upload or share them.