You Don't Own Skyrim

MorwynKelm

You will never lose your steam games, even if steam goes under. Fact. The head guy said that if Steam ever went under, they'd make the games you bought not need steam. People are still playing the Steam Fear Mongering card in 2012? Edited by Xarnac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consumer Rights are non existant anymore in Videogames these days, correct me, but i was thinking when i BUY something from my Money i OWN it. Forever. Till' Infinity. Like i did with DVD's and CD's.

Its an absolute joke that Publishers restrict People the way they do. Remember EA? Account banned - cant play the games you BOUGHT. I know why i keep buying Retail and not Digital, you surrender yourself to the idiotic and random behavior of the Powers to be.

Cant change it i guess^^

Everything has its pros and cons; Steam gives you great services but has some pretty heavy potential restrictions. Whether you find the pros or cons worthwhile is up to you, but everything you do is your own choice. No one forced you to pay money to play the game; the choice of not playing was always there. It may very be the same principle as breaking a physical item you paid for after you bought it; it was still your choice to agree to it (and your choice not to read the EULA or ToS if you were misinformed/uninformed). What done is done; you may try to change it if you wish as it is your choice; whether or not your attempt will be effective or ineffective is a completely different matter.

I choose to purchase the ability to play Skyrim through Steam, if I end up unable to play Skyrim then I must simply deal with it; it was my choice and my choice alone to purchase Skyrim in this method. If you disagree with Steam's terms then simply do not use it (just like the many mods we have here; don't like it, don't use it); it is as simple as that.

With that said; I do not like the terms Steam has due to its potential disaster; however, I feel that the pros of being able to purchase a game from my room (and pay no tax) is too good to pass up. It is incredibly convenient for lazy people who hate getting out of bed like me.

Go with whatever you feel is right and pay whatever consequence (good or bad) you end with; with every mistake comes a lesson and as long as you learn from them, you should make it through life just fine.

3. Steam seems to have a monopoly on DLC and so the price for extra content is high.

While the rest of the points have been beaten to death.. repeatedly.. nonstop.. over the past couple months, this point made is just plain ridiculous. The price of DLC can be placed squarely on the heads of the developers/publishers themselves, not on Steam. Go take a good long look at the DLC released for other games sold by Steam - DLC for most Paradox games tends to run in the $0.99-4.99 range, DLC for other publishers' titles can vary anywhere from $15 on down to FREE, depending on what title and who published it.

How long are people going to be trying to lead people against Steam?

It's so annoying to see that such a large portion of the topics on the front page are all about the great satan that is Steam.

You like being treated like a kid?

EA Games spies on you, Appel sells your address book away and doesn't even tell you. Its the total information awarness age where you don't one something anymore and just beeing the forensic fattening animal for realy baaaad mega companies.

And they can take everything away from you just because they say you violated the rules. Three Strikes, No-Fly No-Buy, thats just the beginning.

And you think its annoying to rebel against that? This isn't just about steam and videogames.

How long are people going to be trying to lead people against Steam? It's so annoying to see that such a large portion of the topics on the front page are all about the great satan that is Steam.
You like being treated like a kid? EA Games spies on you, Appel sells your address book away and doesn't even tell you. Its the total information awarness age where you don't one something anymore and just beeing the forensic fattening animal for realy baaaad mega companies. And they can take everything away from you just because they say you violated the rules. Three Strikes, No-Fly No-Buy, thats just the beginning. And you think its annoying to rebel against that? This isn't just about steam and videogames.
Sounds more like the paranoid rantings of a Morman. There's nothing wrong with Steam. LOL at comparing true evil like EA to Steam.

Now you can take it with you when you go, as your time here is at an end.

Buddah

Maybe Im too stupid to understand this, but really....what was the point of this topic again ? To realise there actually IS something like a REAL life ? DUHHH !!!!!

Ok, now let this topic be closed because it wont bring any usefull knowledge or amusing entertainment to us anyway :tongue:

All I can say is welcome to almost every video game made since 1990.Go read Morrowind's EULA, no realy, go read it, according to Morrowind's EULA YOU DON'T EVEN OWN THE FING BOX.

All Steam did is give devs the ability to exercise the power they have had for decades more easily.

I am baffled at how people who have been signing and agreeing to the same thing for over two decades can now magically treat it like it made up yesterday.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

Xarnac

Sounds more like the paranoid rantings of a Morman.

I don't live in the US but i know they show some mormon preperties on the media the last time which store food, is this behinde this comment? Paranoid Morman?

EA was spying on people trough Battlefield 3 online registrations and this stuff and I-pads share every data you tip into it. I don't make this up, you can look for this its public news. They were caught doing this! And keep your "lol" man this isn't funny.

sajuukkhar9000

All I can say is welcome to almost every video game made since 1990.

Thats why its called user conditions and not owner conditions.