Proof that a player can fly in Skyrim well may be more like swimming

hex_ratt

What for? the script should be more than enough, just make a passive actor with a custom dragon race, that doesnt flies or anything like that, if you want I could upload the skeleton.nif with the saddlebone.

Sure.. I suppose that would be okay.

PS: Please upload it :)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not like he's showing any proof of that, maybe he is just showing off, I actually got something on the riding dragon process, found out something peculiar. In my early attemps of trying to make the dragonmount I found out how to make it rideable, adding a saddlebone to the skeleton with nifskope. Well thing is there is a function called SplineTranslateToRefNode, turns out with this function I can create my own riding system without having to set the dragon as ActorHorse, so on Activate I tell the player to play the ride horse animation and Translate to the SaddleBone of the dragon, it actually works, you fly with the dragon, but its a bit jumpy, here is the code, maybe somebody could tell me why.

CODE

So basically what im doing here is use my flight code to move the dragon around while at the same time I tell the player to translate to the SaddleBone of the dragon, but its very jumpy, I think it doesnt handle 2 translate at once properly, so my idea is to play them at the same time, I just dont know how.

Hmm everytime I put it into the CK it crashes.

Edit: what do I put into the "Extends" window?

Edit: Nevermind

Yea that reflects what my code basically does, it was a good idea and maybe there is even a way to do it, but its enough for today.

I think it's freaking hard to make a dragon mount because Bethesda is probably creating one. Looking at the Game Jam we can clearly see that they have created a working one. Why would they allow us to make one if they can make it into a DLC?