Proof that a player can fly in Skyrim well may be more like swimming

hex_ratt

I am not so worried about collision to change the whole system now lol, so basically what I am trying to do now is to figure how to add new non-keyframed animations into the behavior graph, I just need to add 4, but its kind of a pain in the ass, adding an idle animation is possible, there is a guy who did it and left 350 free idle animation slots for modders to add their animations, but that isnt useful to me, since those animations dont let you move the character. It is very painfully complex stuff, I dont even understand it well enough to determine if its even possible lol.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if this has been discussed in the past but, how about instead of a magical ring and what have you,it would be more of a perk acquired say in alteration,while in flight mode, if it can be enabled as well, be able to fight, but the downside is while engaged in flight mode all magicka and stamina requirements are increased diminishing almost to nil on every step up of the perk and increasing flight speed at the same time.

Also, instead of having a hot key while this active effect is one it wouldnt really be a spell but an active effect like a warriorstone or some kind of permanent enchantment, it would then be activated by double tapping the jump key whilst flying so then u would go in the modified swim mode.

Finall,y the way i think flying in skyrim as far as the PC s concerned would be, to use the same run time animation as swimming, but be made to look somewhere else for the animation sequence.It would use the same animation loop it uses now,but ina custom folder or animation sequence, that would resemble super heroic flight with a fist extended forward another backward or both fists forward or both hands open forward hands facing up.

Something like this I suppose:

Another idea that occurred to me is that perhaps, there could be some sort of zoom flight attack. Where the PC either unarmed,1 or 2 handed handed,even shield strike would dash towards the target in a flying punch or weapon swipe with a slight chance to paralyze the target. I guess Shift+W then jump-attack button simultaneously. I'm probably getting ahead of myself but I just thought it be a nice addition,which would work well. with the whole flight mod. If it finally got off the ground. better way than a ring or some sort of spell. More like a permanent ability. A forward sprint jump punch swipe

Resembling something like this:

Hahaha you have no idea what you asking.. first im far from a good animator, then in order to do what you want to do I would have to edit the behavior in ways Im not sure if its even possible, so lets first focus on a simple flying ring, basic behavior editting (adding a few animations) and once I know how to do that, then I will focus on more complex things, but unless somebody releases a custom-made tool to properly edit behaviors, instead of going through 50.000 lines of xml code, its going to take time, lots of time. Same applies for custom creatures, havent you wonder why there arent any mods with new monsters and such, its because editing the behavior is some crazy s*** to do.

Hahaha you have no idea what you asking.. first im far from a good animator, then in order to do what you want to do I would have to edit the behavior in ways Im not sure if its even possible, so lets first focus on a simple flying ring, basic behavior editting (adding a few animations) and once I know how to do that, then I will focus on more complex things, but unless somebody releases a custom-made tool to properly edit behaviors, instead of going through 50.000 lines of xml code, its going to take time, lots of time. Same applies for custom creatures, havent you wonder why there arent any mods with new monsters and such, its because editing the behavior is some crazy s*** to do.

Thus why I said "I'm getting ahead of myself" and suggested it for a god knows how long future. It's obvious the game company would make it less than easy to create new behaviors,because then they hold the key to making new features,that of course it being the software they developed are entitled to it. As far as animations are concerned I dont think you alone are the one who reads this thread I'm sure many would consider the idea and I of course will try my hand on it as well,given enough time I think it will happen.

Alas, I submit to you this thread: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/624251-progress-in-behavior-filesalmost-done/ which I'm sure by now most have read it and it looks very promising. It is a sex mod after all but promising for other things.

After all good luck to everyone.

If you read the whole thread, you will see my comments there, and the unfortunate waste of time it was (spent a whole day focusing on that while I could had spend it doing something else), there are very good modders who already tried those tools long time ago (like 2-3 months ago) and they came out empty, so its another dead end.

Im waiting for Fore, see if he can get the acyclic slots working properly, right now he only managed to add idle slots to the behavior which is more than anybody has done, so I will put my faith on him, which doesnt mean I wont keep trying myself, but the people who actually understands this stuff, has been on it for months, while I started like a week ago.

Well I figured it out, how to add my own animations for the flying movement without overwritting the original animations. Since right now while flying I only want it to fly, I mean play certain animations, basically what I do is a setrace on a new race, with a copy of the character's behavior. In that same copy I can overwritte the animations I like, since only my custom race will play those animations, then when you unequip the ring it sets you back to your original race and you are back playing the default animations. I still need to do some testing on non-humanoid races, like khajit and argonians, but since im not morphing to any race in particular, im using DefaultRace, I guess it should work aswell, I will keep you guys updated ^^

EDIT: Found an issue with this method, it sets some default facial traits, the character looks different, still I belive its the best way to go.

Edited by porroone

Looking different can be explained away as easy as anything. Who says you can fly in normal human form anyways? rofl

me i just want my glider, but there is hope we can fly in the end

but yes, changing into stuff that has flying anymation could work, mm a butterfly, bird, a bee, etc

Edited by mjy