Proof that a player can fly in Skyrim well may be more like swimming

hex_ratt

Its really not necessary to add a ragdoll to the ascend animation, you can just rename it as mt_runforward.hkx, and use it when the player is executing the moveStart event, I havent had much time to work on proper animations lately, its funny now that I have everything I need I kind of lost the motivation.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really not necessary to add a ragdoll to the ascend animation, you can just rename it as mt_runforward.hkx, and use it when the player is executing the moveStart event, I havent had much time to work on proper animations lately, its funny now that I have everything I need I kind of lost the motivation.

Oh boy I know that feeling - I'm all too familiar with it when I modded Civ IV. Fortunately I have Skyrim and its awesome modability to keep me running for a very long, unforeseeable future.

Yea I already know how to create new animations, and how to pack them into hkx, thats not really the issue. The issue is I dont feel like creating new animations, I am a programmer not an animator, I made some basic ones I use on my skyrim, but they are ugly and transitions are epicly ugly, so if anybody feels like making some cool animations for flying I will gladly transform them into hkx and use them in my mod, giving credits to whoever make those animations, if not I will keep the project private since I dont like releasing incomplete stuff.

Here is a small demonstration of what my mod looks like right now, im still working a bit in the transitions betwen animations, I have to check the behavior to know what state to call from the code, shouldnt be too hard, anyway here is the vid ^^ :

That looks very nice porrone. I hope you can find a good animator. Have you checked with people like Theru?

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSOMMMMMMEEEEEE

http://einsteinsdesk.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

One little suggestion regarding the fire effect: Why not adding the firetrail that fire astronarchs leave?