⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Frame Rate drops when turning around.

kythlyn

That (assuming no bad meshes from mods) looks like graphic card overheating; possibly dieing.

I guess it could be a driver error too, but if noone else is getting the issue with the same driver check your graphic card temps/stability (used to use atitool for the latter).

Edited by Robynah

That (assuming no bad meshes from mods) looks like graphic card overheating; possibly dieing.

I guess it could be a driver error too, but if noone else is getting the issue with the same driver check your graphic card temps/stability (used to use atitool for the latter).

Ugh, don't tell me that! >_< These are a pair of new cards! They shouldn't be overheating...

But... hmm... think I'll run to the store and get a can of compressed air and clear out the system today.

I guess steam could have misdownloaded a file but since meshes are all contained in bsa that seems unlikely?

Didn't meant to frighten you but I have personally only seen this in two cases (in oblivion, not skyrim). Once was with an overheating 8800 back in the day, the other is not uncommon with bad meshes from mods.

I would download atitool and use its rendering error test. It's an old app (2006) but ppl still use it for this functionality.

Edited by Robynah

I tried removing all the HD textures and all graphical mods from the game, and now the game is running at a solid 60fps and there are no problems whatsoever. Silky smooth. No glitches or graphical artifacts.

But I was able to produce the problem again by enabling the official HD textures and running around in circles after exiting Windhelm (with all graphical mods still disabled). So it's possible my problem is with the official HD textures. I might try Skyrim HD 1.5 and see how that performs.

Still... I wonder if there is something wrong with hardware... I've got a pair of MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC cards and a 2600k... shouldn't this machine be able to handle the texture pack without much trouble? Or am I overestimating my system?

Edited by kythlyn

My card is definitely fine, and I still get that stutter. My PC runs at 50 celcius, with my video card at 55 celcius. It's a new video card, and this only happens with Skyrim even though I have much higher-stress games. It's a Skyrim problem.

• 6 years later...

So... I've started getting some graphical uh... problems (see pic). And those problems seem to occur at the same moment as the frame rate issues described in this thread. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/blink.gif;

http://s16.postimage.org/cq1h57wk5/Screen_Shot2.png

What you're seeing here is the main gate of Whiterun, right after exiting the city, taking a few steps, and then making a quick 180. The frame rate choked, and what you see above appeared. I was able to turn away from it, back away from Whiterun, and the game looked normal in that direction. But if I faced the same direction as I did in the image, the graphical problem was still there.

Blarg.

Alright I know it's 6 years later, but if this still a problem for you then you just need to turn of antialisng or whatever it's called.