Severe FPS drop when loading new area or in Imperial city

MrSkyrimBro

Hello everybody, I need some assistance with my modded Oblivion. I use FCOM 1.0, Oblivion Sutter Remover (OSR), Oblivion Reloaded (OR), ENBoost and the Unofficial Patches (I got Deluxe Edition).

I used BethINI for sorting my ini files and applied the ini tweaks other mods required/recommened.

My problem is: I run Oblivion at 60 FPS constantly but when loading a new area (exterior) it drops down to around 15-20 FPS. I do use the framerate manager from OR but it still causes me horrible FPS.

My second problem is bad FPS in the Imperial city (IC) market district. I do use "Better Cities" but NOT the market district addon because it drops my FPS completely unplayable.

Does anyone know any "fix" for these problems?

Best wishes, MrSkyrimBro

Welcome to Oblivion. As you may or may not know, your problem is a common one.

1st off, It always helps to list your computer specs. Oblivion is basically a very poorly optimized port of a console game. Combine that with resource heavy mods like FCOM and Better cities and your bound to have performance issues at some point... It kinds comes with the territory. When you say it drops down to 15-20fps, for how long does it drop for? is it permanent or does it only last a few seconds then go back to 60?

My specs are:

GTX EVGA Superclocked 1060 6GB (Slightly overclocked)

i5 -4440s 3.2 Ghz

8 GB DDR3

I more than enough horse power to run this game. My frames drop for 1-2 seconds then back up to constant 60 fps (I belive I would get more fps than 60 if I would uncap).