ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[WIP] The Burned Man's outfit

Carnagechao

I am attempting to recreate josh's outfit from fonv from scratch. I am new to modeling so it most definitely has lots of mesh errors etc... So far I am attempting to create his bullet proof vest, this is my progress.

I don't think it's so bad for a complete beginner he he.

45zJAop.png

I am starting with the vest because it seemed the easiest piece to do. I probably stand no chance doing the clothes/ bandages/ etc. I intend to make them separate pieces so they can be worn with other items, and stuff. This took me nearly 8 hours straight, excluding the time i spent into researching blender and stuff. I'm f***ing tired for tonight.

The vest is split in half because I am using mirror mode in blender.

If there's any experienced modelers out there shoot some advice/tips my way, or help out with my shitty mesh, I would appreciate the constructive feedback, and help.

If anyone knows what I need to do to clean up the mesh let me know, and if you want to help, I'll take all the help I can get with this.

UPDATE: After study of topology, I have cleaned up my absolutely terrible mesh. Still needs work, in the back, but it's not nearly as horrible as it was before. Took quite a while to do this.

Here's a before and after shot... 3d modeling man it's crazy s***, I have mad respect for all the modelers out there right now... Anyways, wish me luck meeples.

Edit: FINALLY CLOSED THE VEST.

JVqyxrW.png

GUHlIce.png

Update Number 2: Ive spent hours working on adding depth to the vest by adding edges, and adding the back part to the vest. I THINK I EARNED SOME WIGGGGLLEEEE TIMEEEEEEE

QUUUPRl.png

Edited by Carnagechao

Before I go I do have a question if anyone even cares or knows the answer to this: I've noticed many meshes for fallout, typically prefer to use triangular shaped meshes, rather than square shape meshes, so is there a major reason to use the mesh on the left rather than the mesh on the right? Does it even matter? If anyone can answer this question I'd appreciate it. If not I'm going to stick with the quads over the triangles.

I UNDERSTAND THE ANSWER NOW THANKS TO LOTS OF GOOGLE WHY THE f*#@ AM I STILL AWAKE AAAAAAAAA

LvA65xS.png

Edited by Carnagechao