Insta-use spells?

balmunng

Ok, what I ask is probably going to, with little doubt, give me a answer of no, because of how 'impossible' it may seem.

Is it possible to have a spell 'instantly' cast itself upon drawing your hands with either r or clicking on the mouse? (I.E.: If you wanted to instantly summon a bound weapon by clicking, would it be possible?)

The OnEquipped does not trigger when drawing your weapon. The "CastSpell" function however, will cast a spell instantly, the only way to not cast a spell instantly and animate an actor is to use a procedure aka package "UseMagic".

I strongly suggest NOT using an OnUpdate to poll whether your weapon is drawn either, as someone is bound to suggest.

The best way would be to use a Quest ReferenceAlias to add a script to the player's Actor and use "OnAnimationEvent" as your event trigger, look in the animations list for the associated animation event for drawing your weapon. Use your created quest to hold your variables and set them as "Conditional" so the VM can associate your variables elsewhere and NOT USE GLOBALS.

Edited by expired6978