Skyrim House Mod - The Grand Library of Magnus

Greetings, fellow mod users.

I have, recently, been having some difficulty finding a good house mod for a mage type character. Up until a few days ago, I was using Nightwielder Spire, but I found that the spells it added were causing a lot of lag, and the tower itself was too large to navigate easily. That, and it was really dark. I then moved to The Midden - Expanded, upon recommendation from a friend, but the Special Edition version is somewhat broken.

Ideally, I would love to see the KxK Apocrypha Home Mod updated for Special Edition, as I love Hermaeus Mora, and the house would really suit my character. However, that is unlikely to happen.

So, instead, I have come up with another idea.

What I would like to request is a house, made primarily of a mixture of the College of Winterhold and Apocrypha textures, shaped somewhat like the College itself, and Split into 5 parts - The Library, The Reliquary, The Arcaneum, The Recreation Sector, and the Shrine of Magnus (Roof).

Preferably, the library would hold one of every book in Skyrim, including Skill Books and Spell Tomes, and also contain a section for Black Books and Elder Scrolls. In order to balance this, I would suggest locking away the Skill Books and Spell Tomes until they have already been read elsewhere, if possible.

The Reliquary would contain a display stand/rack/case/etc. for each of the Daedric Artefacts, as well as for Auri-El's Bow, Auri-El's Shield, The Staff of Magnus, The Vizage of Mzund, Miraak's Gear, the Dragon Priest Masks, The Dwarven Black Bow of Fate, The Shellbug Helmet, Nettlebane and the Aetherial Gear, one for each piece (With an added two Aetherium Crests in order to complete the set). Providing storage for unique quest items such as the Runed Lexicon would also be appreciated.

The Arcaneum would be the utility section of the building, containing an enchanting area, a garden, and alchemy table and a forge, with all the added extra tools needed to be practical. A staff enchanter in this area would also be nice.

The Recreation Sector would just be a bedroom - nothing special here. Maybe storage for basic armour, clothes, etc.

Finally, the Shrine of Magnus would serve no real purpose, but contain the Eye of Magnus - I loved that thing, and I want it.

Ideally, the house would be accessed by a portal either near the College of Winterhold, or on the Throat of the World, out of sight from the main road, which would only be usable once you have the key.

In order to get to the house, I would recommend completion of both the College of Winterhold and Dragonborn questlines, by adding one half of the key to the house to the Archmage Quarters, and the other to a chest in the Skill Respec area of the Black Book Waking Dreams.

If anyone is willing to create this mod, please let me know, and I'll provide you with any extra concept information you require.

Regards,

The Incarnation of Insanity

Edited by IncarnationofInsanity

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...