WIP - Woman's white sportswatch

Fixadent

It's a work in progress and it's also my very first blender creation,it hasn't been textured yet and I am still learning how to use blender.

Finishing it is just half the battle, because then I have to figure out a way to export this into a nif file and then turn it into an item in the game.

If any modders here know how to turn blender creations into in-game items for Fallout 4, please, PLEASE shoot me a PM and I will send you the finished watch blender file once it's done.

Not bad for a first-time blender user with absolutely no prior experience in 3D modeling other than watching a few youtube tutorials.

Its mostly untextured, which is why it appears grey.

blender3.jpg blender1.jpg blender2.jpg

You're right, it's not bad at all.

You need to export it with niftools script. its not too hard to setup for blender. Check this out here to find out how to install nifscripts

Here's a link to the niftools website for all the downloads too: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender

You can then export it as a nif, and put it into nifskope, or another way I believe it can be done, is you export it as an OBJ file, and import it into the Outfit studio, which might be easier. I'm not exactly 100% sure, as I haven't done this myself yet. I'm Currently trying to find out how to UV map my own model. I have no idea how to do it. This guide right here: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_an_armour_for_Fallout_4._Part_1 is absolutely amazing as well. you need to add a material to your model, then add a uv map so you can add the texture. there's quite a lot of steps. Also I notice your watch has a very high polycount. You might really want to try to reduce it to optimize it for the game, as too high of a poly count would make the item harder to render in game compared to others (making the gpu work harder for the watch). There really is no set polycount limit, its just something to take into consideration. You could try looking up on how to bake normal maps for your model, if you feel like optimizing it, and there are other methods of reducing polycount.

Here's my model of joshua graham's vest:

NzwfkXk.png

Edited by Carnagechao

Is this niftools script an add-on that I need to donwload and install for blender? Or is that integrated into the program by default?

Also, are textures applied to meshes in blender appear on objects when they are exported to nifs/obj files, and then into Fallout 4?