Sanctuary beds not recognized

Numbnumb

I have developed a new bug in my game. At the point were my Character is asked to do some work in Sanctuary he/she is asked first to make some beds. After completing the beds and putting them into house/houses my character is still told to make some beds so the others will not have to sleep on the floor.

This just happened within the last two days.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on? I have tried to reload the game and reinstall the mods but nothing makes a difference.

I tend to start building all the basics before I speak to Sturges, it always instantly completes every stage then :)

• 2 weeks later...

SMB92; Thanks for the feedback. I have tried that option and I have even tried going to Sanctuary right out of the vault and build beds. Again nothing but crickets chirping or to put it another way, no beds. Nothing! Bethesda says it is not their problem. Others have suggested that they can get it to work by creating bed before talking to Sturges and other suggestions all of which I have tried. Still just crickets, no beds.

Very frustrating. I even took all the mods out and had Steam verify the files and STILL no beds. What's a fellow to do?

Update: I somehow managed to get to make beds in Sanctuary. HOWEVER!!! I can build eight beds and place them but then after this I am still asked to make some beds and I cannot continue on because it says that I need to make beds. ????????

Much Later Update: The problem is back. When I try to make beds in Sanctuary I am told I need to clean out the raiders (or whatever) of which there are none. I have tried everything to get this to work but nothing changes. I contacted Bethesda but they shrug it off as it is not their problem. Funny thing is that I can go anywhere else in the Commonwealth and make beds but I just cannot take them to Sanctuary.

So, until Bethesda steps up and fixes their problem, there is nothing I can do.