Skyrim mods doesn't work

mutika

The reason you are not seeing any help is we have no clue what you are doing wrong. It just works for 99% of the users.

We actually need a lot of information to help when it works for nearly everyone else but not for you. We have over 3 million users here now and 5 or 6 having a particular problem is not very many. We cannot come over to your place and fix it for you (I would be happy to for a couple of beers+all travel expenses) All we can do is make suggestions for you to try.

Things like

Are you using a mod manager? Which one?

What operating system?

Where is the game installed?

do you get any error messages?

Do you have a firewall? What is it?

Do you have an antivirus? Ad blocker? Script blocker? What are they?

Where is your mod manager installed?

Is your game patched up to date through Steam? NO other way counts!

Where do you download your games to? What folder?

Did you read the read me to see what the mods require?

Do any of them require a 3rd party program such as SKSE or Script Dragon?

Did you expect a message saying the mod was installed? It doesn't do that.

Is your game legal? - if not, just go away as we not only cannot help, we won't help. and have no sympathy for thieves.

A bit harsh if you ask me. Some people just don't have the money to buy a full priced game. Other people bought it on the Xbox or Playstation and wanted it for the pc aswell so they could have some mods. I think your comment on 'thief's' was a bit to harsh as your role as moderator.

Anyway, i'm with the same problem guys.... Cant find any solution. Graphic mods work fine but real content wont. (Like 'A Better Whiterun' or 'Rayeks End'

Being a thief is actually what it is. Just as advocating piracy is a ban worthy offense on here.

Not having the money or owning the game on another system is not an excuse to steal on PC

and your time on this site is up.

"or is it easier to hide your ears from that which will make them bleed?"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bringing this back on topic... I'll break this down simply. Apologies if this seems abrupt, I just prefer to keep it to the core facts for ease of review.

Situation: Purchased a new desktop- HP p6-2033w running Win 7 64 bit (home edition)- and installed Skyrim via Steam along with the same mods I've been using on my laptop (which uses the same OS precisely). Mods include a lot of texture replacers and such, and work fine on the laptop (other than performance lag due to it's graphics card), but are not registering at all on the desktop. I start a new game, and vanilla textures only.

Mods: Largely new weapons and armour, which I haven't gotten access to a forge to make, but also included are cleaner skin and realistic hair texture mods that should be kicking in from the start as they did on my laptop.

Firewall: Windows Firewall

Mod Manager: Nexus and Steam (60/40 ratio)

Install Locations: Steam in Program Files (x86), Nexus Mod Manager in Program Files

Patches and Such: It should be updating automatically, and it downloaded through Steam

Legality: yes

Solutions Attempted Thus Far-

* Uninstalled and re-installed the mods

* Verified that the SkyrimPrefs has the file= 1 code

* Verified that the specific mods are, in fact, checked

* Went to AppData\Local\Skyrim and attempted to reset it to not be Read Only, but it keeps blue-boxing despite my best efforts and the fact that none of the files in the folder are Read Only

* Right clicked Nexus, Steam, and Skyrim and ran as Adminstrator

* Settings adjusted to run in compatibility mode and as administrator for all programs- Skyrim, Steam and Nexus

* cmd prompt attribute adjustment for the specific files, normally, as administrator, and from the root directory (the attrib -r "c\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Skyrim\*.*" /S /D reset, as well as variations on the same)

* Reset ownership of the files (and eventually the whole bloody C drive)

* Downloaded and used Attribute Manager to reset the folder attributes (they turned back to blue-box as soon as I clicked OK)

* Rebooted so many times it's becoming a career

* Set User Account Controls to non-zombie (i.e., all the way to the lowest setting)

* Verified security permissions

* Verified ownership

* In cmd prompt in the root folder, rest with attrib Skyrim -h

* Waved a chicken's foot and sacrificed a bag of Cheetos.

Edit: I went through folder-by-folder, and the settings are the same in my laptop and desktop for the Read Only issues. So, I haven't the slightest bloody clue what's going on.

Edited by Breandan

Bringing this back on topic... I'll break this down simply. Apologies if this seems abrupt, I just prefer to keep it to the core facts for ease of review.

Situation: Purchased a new desktop- HP p6-2033w running Win 7 64 bit (home edition)- and installed Skyrim via Steam along with the same mods I've been using on my laptop (which uses the same OS precisely). Mods include a lot of texture replacers and such, and work fine on the laptop (other than performance lag due to it's graphics card), but are not registering at all on the desktop. I start a new game, and vanilla textures only.

Mods: Largely new weapons and armour, which I haven't gotten access to a forge to make, but also included are cleaner skin and realistic hair texture mods that should be kicking in from the start as they did on my laptop.

Firewall: Windows Firewall

Mod Manager: Nexus and Steam (60/40 ratio)

Install Locations: Steam in Program Files (x86), Nexus Mod Manager in Program Files

Patches and Such: It should be updating automatically, and it downloaded through Steam

Legality: yes

Solutions Attempted Thus Far-

* Uninstalled and re-installed the mods

* Verified that the SkyrimPrefs has the file= 1 code

* Verified that the specific mods are, in fact, checked

* Went to AppData\Local\Skyrim and attempted to reset it to not be Read Only, but it keeps blue-boxing despite my best efforts and the fact that none of the files in the folder are Read Only

* Right clicked Nexus, Steam, and Skyrim and ran as Adminstrator

* Settings adjusted to run in compatibility mode and as administrator for all programs- Skyrim, Steam and Nexus

* cmd prompt attribute adjustment for the specific files, normally, as administrator, and from the root directory (the attrib -r "c\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Skyrim\*.*" /S /D reset, as well as variations on the same)

* Reset ownership of the files (and eventually the whole bloody C drive)

* Downloaded and used Attribute Manager to reset the folder attributes (they turned back to blue-box as soon as I clicked OK)

* Rebooted so many times it's becoming a career

* Set User Account Controls to non-zombie (i.e., all the way to the lowest setting)

* Verified security permissions

* Verified ownership

* In cmd prompt in the root folder, rest with attrib Skyrim -h

* Waved a chicken's foot and sacrificed a bag of Cheetos.

Edit: I went through folder-by-folder, and the settings are the same in my laptop and desktop for the Read Only issues. So, I haven't the slightest bloody clue what's going on.

Breandan,

I hope you get this worked out; then let me know how, lol. I'm new to the discussion and haven't spent as much time as you obviously have in attempting to get the mods to work within Skyrim. For me, I've just loaded a new pc version on my Toshiba A665-3D to enjoy the pc/mods experience too; after completing the game pretty much all the way through on my ps3. I must say the graphics seem to look better on my hd monitor, but I wanted to add some cool mods for fun too. I have attempted to add the lockpick, perks, and Caliente bodies mods. But like you and a few others on here, am not seeing any sign of them in the game play. I also used the Nexus Manager to upload the mods directly into the data folders, and have read the read me files too. I'm not as savvy as some of the 'real' experienced gamers on here. This is the first time I've ever even heard about mods, etc. I'm sure it's something simple or out of place, or the anti-virus. It would be nice if there was somebody that could log-in 'remote' (trusted) and simply fix these issues. That would be work some beer and pizza bucks to me too. Lol Sounds like that guy bben46 knows the way around this stuff for sure.

W

@ Brendan, thanks for the detail. I'm having the same problem with the nearly the same mods, so this might help. I'll try it. Now...if only I can find out how to get into the neighbors chicken coup w/o raising the ruckus :thumbsup:

Hey Breandan,

In my case, I was missing the 'Skyrim Script Extender v1.4.15' (SKSE). It made all the difference in the world. I'm now up and running with about 10 mods; all doing what they're supposed to do, except for one (and it was a kind of a cheat mod anyway). Lol

Good luck!

I have the same problem, yarrrr! Mods dont work! I open ModManager, select all plugins, start my legal skyrim launcher, close it and then open mod manager again and I see all the plugins unselected. I'm confused! Kraken sink my ship, I payed money for this game and I'm not satisfied, yarrr!

i have same problem i have skyrim version 1.1.21.0 and didnt update it i have computer 2GB RAM ,3.0 GHz,Graf card 1.0 i think it si shader 3 and play on medium i use mod manager nexus beta 0.18.4. i use windovs Xp my game i installed on D particion no i dont get any error messages i have firewall windovs firewall my mod manager is instald on D jee and it is legal