Skyrim mods doesn't work

mutika

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit using a illegal copy of skyrim for a day to try the game.After i saw how great it was i bought it right away and i was playing the old fashion way with no mods but when i saw this website and how great the mods are i tried them but i had the same problem as you did at first(some of the mods were working like SkyUI but other which adds houses or items didnt). So what i done was add the bEnableFileSelection=1 in the Skyrimpref but that didnt worked either(i was using NMM btw) after that i tried to open skyrim with the launcher and i saw Data Files and after i clicked there bammmm a list with all the mods that i have installed appeared so i just ticked the boxes of the mods i wanted and they worked like a charm. Edited by Ghoststylez

have no sympathy for thieves.

And plays skyrim, where thievery is a must.

That's funny. I payed for a legal copy of Skyrim and Dawnguard and they work fine for me. Filthy thieves are getting what they deserve. :biggrin:

Actually, they would get what they deserve if that pirated crap made their pc explode. :tongue:

Edit: Not saying everyone in this thread with an issue is a pirate. Just that the ones who are deserve what they get. ;)

Edited by Staind716

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem as you guys, but, i solved it :thumbsup:

You have to put the lines: bEnableFileSelection=1 Into the ''SkyrimPrefs.ini'' under [Launcher]

In /c:/Program files/The Elders Scrolls V Skyrim/Skyrim

As one of the warriors wrote longer up in the tread ^^

But, you also have to put that lines into the ''SkyrimPrefs.ini'' in

/Documents/My Games/Skyrim

And ofc under [Launcher] ;)

That helped for me, and i can now use ALL of my mods, i hope

It'll work for u too! Sorry for my bad english... 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay guys, i think i found a solution

Pirate version or not, the fix is the same, am i right? :) (I'm not a pirate lol)

So, follow these 10 steps, which helped me run my mods fine :]

1) open Skyrim installation folder/Skyrim and open SkyrimPrefis.ini

2) Scroll down 'till the [Launcher] line, under it should be:

bEnableFileSelection=1

If it's not, write it to be so, then copy it to the clipboard

3) open My Documents/Games/Skyrim, then open SkyrimPrefs.ini

4) Look for the [Launcher] line, once you find it, ADD NEW LINE under it and paste what you just copied.

5) Save and close all windows

6) Start up skyrim (from the launcher or mod manager, it doesn't matter)

7) On the setup screen (before launching the game) Click Data Files

8 ) Select all the mods you want (if you installed any), then click ok and play.

9) Enjoy da modz 8)

10) Add new mods via the mod manager or manually by placing the files into the data folder.

Hope this helps guys, that's atleast how i fixes my mods, hope it works for you too :3

EDIT: Oh didn't see the above comment had this already written :D

And as you see, not only "thieves" have this bug

Edited by Imonobor

It's been posted many many times. I have lost count of how many times I have posted this fix,and I have even included it in my troubleshooting blog. Several others have posted this fix over and over also. :rolleyes:

We actually have a fairly good search function - the only catch - is you have to use it for it to work. :wallbash:

• 1 month later...

Okay guys, i think i found a solution

Pirate version or not, the fix is the same, am i right? :) (I'm not a pirate lol)

So, follow these 10 steps, which helped me run my mods fine :]

1) open Skyrim installation folder/Skyrim and open SkyrimPrefis.ini

2) Scroll down 'till the [Launcher] line, under it should be:

bEnableFileSelection=1

If it's not, write it to be so, then copy it to the clipboard

3) open My Documents/Games/Skyrim, then open SkyrimPrefs.ini

4) Look for the [Launcher] line, once you find it, ADD NEW LINE under it and paste what you just copied.

5) Save and close all windows

6) Start up skyrim (from the launcher or mod manager, it doesn't matter)

7) On the setup screen (before launching the game) Click Data Files

8 ) Select all the mods you want (if you installed any), then click ok and play.

9) Enjoy da modz 8)

10) Add new mods via the mod manager or manually by placing the files into the data folder.

Hope this helps guys, that's atleast how i fixes my mods, hope it works for you too :3

EDIT: Oh didn't see the above comment had this already written :D

And as you see, not only "thieves" have this bug

THANK YOU! :dance: :dance: :dance:

I´m a newbie in modding and had the same problem, after reading this whole thread, finally found my answer! THANKS!

@bben46: I´ve been on your blog, but wasn´t able to check your solutions :sweat:

Good news everyone! I have inve- I mean, I have found a really useful tool in troubleshooting Skyrim and I'm willing to test it on you. =)

et viola:

Get

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

in Process Monitor add one rule as such:

if Process Name is not TESV.exe, Exclude

Play the game

fail

The game might have hung while loading. If so, using its optional windowed mode will easily let you see the last file that TESV.exe accessed.

Otherwise scroll up, you'll see TESV.exe closing all your .esp files. This means TESV.exe is cleaning up after itself and being successful in this.

Continue scrolling, you'll find Thread Exit and then some non-bethesda source files. With this information you are in a much better position to judge what's wrong.

Good luck!

Edited by nanicoar

• 4 weeks later...