Skyrim mods doesn't work

mutika

Hello Guys,

I found a solution for myself, which should work for many here. I forgot to install the SKSE and use it with the NMM. It is very easy, just get the skse from the skse site (for those who trust me when i say, this is no virus: http://skse.silverlock.org/ ) and do as the readme says. Afterwards start the NMM and press the arrow next to the launchbutton and choos SKSE. Just install all your mods as usual and they should work! (hope nobody wrote this before)

Regards

Me

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

i had same issue like you. I own legal copy althought im using no-cd crack(hate to switch dvd´s every time,or im simply lazy....) :ermm:

My problem happen because i was running the game by launcher whole time. Running game with TESV.EXE fixed the problem.

Cheers

Jakub

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry to revive a probably dead topic, but this needs to be addressed, IMHO.

The reason you are not seeing any help is we have no clue what you are doing wrong. It just works for 99% of the users.

We actually need a lot of information to help when it works for nearly everyone else but not for you. We have over 3 million users here now and 5 or 6 having a particular problem is not very many. We cannot come over to your place and fix it for you (I would be happy to for a couple of beers+all travel expenses) All we can do is make suggestions for you to try.

Things like
Are you using a mod manager? Which one?
What operating system?
Where is the game installed?
do you get any error messages?
Do you have a firewall? What is it?
Do you have an antivirus? Ad blocker? Script blocker? What are they?
Where is your mod manager installed?
Is your game patched up to date through Steam? NO other way counts!
Where do you download your games to? What folder?
Did you read the read me to see what the mods require?
Do any of them require a 3rd party program such as SKSE or Script Dragon?
Did you expect a message saying the mod was installed? It doesn't do that.

Is your game legal? - if not, just go away as we not only cannot help, we won't help. and have no sympathy for thieves.

A bit harsh if you ask me. Some people just don't have the money to buy a full priced game. Other people bought it on the Xbox or Playstation and wanted it for the pc aswell so they could have some mods. I think your comment on 'thief's' was a bit to harsh as your role as moderator.

Anyway, i'm with the same problem guys.... Cant find any solution. Graphic mods work fine but real content wont. (Like 'A Better Whiterun' or 'Rayeks End'

Being a thief is actually what it is. Just as advocating piracy is a ban worthy offense on here.
Not having the money or owning the game on another system is not an excuse to steal on PC

and your time on this site is up.

No offense, but this is really not a good way to handle things such as this. I can understand that advocating piracy is not a good thing and is also, apparently, an offense to the rules, but please, next time, do give someone at least one warning before simply banning them on the spot.

As for the problem these people might have, if you have problems with mods that simply add items to the game (such as myself), please be warned that if the developer lists any item ID, it might (and probably will be!) wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason you are not seeing any help is we have no clue what you are doing wrong. It just works for 99% of the users.

We actually need a lot of information to help when it works for nearly everyone else but not for you. We have over 3 million users here now and 5 or 6 having a particular problem is not very many. We cannot come over to your place and fix it for you (I would be happy to for a couple of beers+all travel expenses) All we can do is make suggestions for you to try.

Things like

What operating system?

Is your game legal? - if not, just go away as we not only cannot help, we won't help. and have no sympathy for thieves.

Pirates, we're called pirates.

I'll take that as a confession to your partaking in the act.

Banned - TVD.

Giving a thing a cutsey name does not change the thing. Historically pirates were the worst kind of thieves. They were also called cut throats for a reason. And today they are unwittingly ruining gaming with their greed and thievery. Greed? Yes, taking something of value ( and intellectual property does have value, even if it is not a physical object) without any intent to pay is a form of greed on the part of the taker. Thievery - that is the very definition of piracy. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Things like

What operating system?

A bit harsh if you ask me. Some people just don't have the money to buy a full priced game. Other people bought it on the Xbox or Playstation and wanted it for the pc aswell so they could have some mods. I think your comment on 'thief's' was a bit to harsh as your role as moderator.

Anyway, i'm with the same problem guys.... Cant find any solution. Graphic mods work fine but real content wont. (Like 'A Better Whiterun' or 'Rayeks End'

Being a thief is actually what it is. Just as advocating piracy is a ban worthy offense on here.

Not having the money or owning the game on another system is not an excuse to steal on PC

and your time on this site is up.

I don't have problems with any mods. I wan't to say that everything on my computer is cracked and windows too. I have around 40 games and every one of them is working flawlessly. I admit I don't like piracy and I wan't to purchase games and programs I use. But I am 14 years old and there are some problems. My father lost his job and my mother is having a shitty job. My grandma died and my grandpa died and I don't know how my mother manages to pay the bills. I wan't to say that if I don't have money to purchase games I have to live like a s***??? I have an old shitty computer that manages to run skyrim but I'l probably never upgrade it. So, I won't run the future games, that's for sure. Trust me, I will purchase games if you find a job for my father, a better job for my mother, revive my grandma and grandpa and buy me a better computer. Should i become a serial killer? Maybe then i will manage to buy games for myself or should I make a suicide? Do I have a choice? People help each other you know. But you are a rich bastard that need's money for yourslef. Am I right? Ban me if you wan't but I can make new email and a new account in a few minutes. Also I can change IP if that is necesary. I hope you will change your mind about calling people "THIEVES".

Banned thief then - TVD.

I'm having the same problems with mods but it started before I even started using mods from the nexus. It might be that my computer is crappy but it seemed to make all mods work since a few days ago. I also have Skyrim and SKSE updated to the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same problem. i own a legal copy of skyrim and have tried all suggested solutions etc.

however im just posting this to say that although i dont pirate games i still dont think of it as theft. these 'thieves' never would have bought a copy of the game, and therefore the developer has not lost anything by them downloading it.

imagine a shop keeper had a chocolate bar. if you stole the chocolate bar then the shop keeper would have one less. however if you download the game illegally then no one loses any money, you simply gain a game that you wouldn't of bought otherwise. i will admit that i have pirated games in the past (to try the game out) however if i liked the game i always bought a physical copy and therefore the act of piracy actually meant that the developers of the game made a profit from me, because if i hadn't had a chance to try the game out myself i would not have bought it.

and i agree that you are treating pirates a little harshly (i mean banning them is ok, but there is no need to be so rude and call them thieves etc) :armscrossed:

so sorry if this offends you and you want to ban me, but it is my honest opinion that pirates are not thieves and i would like you to know my reasoning behind it.