Is the new Skyrim high texture download worth it?

AmonAmarth614

ENB is the best visual mod type.

It'll make your game look better than HD textures, and you can get both :)

The bloom on the screens that the person above me posted is a little too high for my taste. Don't worry; it's possible to keep the good atmosphere without having that faded look.

Yes, and/or have less de-saturation for the bloom effect so you don't lessen the colors so much. One could turn down the fog, too. There's even values for just adding more overall color if that's what people like. I intentionally took screenshots to show off environmental effects though, like this misty scene above, to highlight was ENB can do with Skyrim. I tried to avoid "artificially" (almost said that without quotes!) ideal lighting conditions that look like a studio or hollywood set.

Personally I prefer FXAA PPI rather than ENB. I've tried both but didn't like too much ENB

I think FXAA PPI keeps it more realistic and true.

It's rather personal and I would recommend you try both and choose the one you prefer.

Also I find the HD pack on nexus being better than Beth hd textures. You should tried and make you personal opinion.

ENB if you like atmosphere that you can taste

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w178/galenzzz321/ScreenShotSetA7.jpg

More samples at:

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w178/galenzzz321/?start=all

I'm sorry, but IMO enb just makes the game look fake. Almost plastic.

As for the OP, yes the HD DLC is worth it. I literally took no performance hit, and a lot of textures look a lot better.

One thing you need to understand is that not all of the textures have been improved, just the ones that really needed it.

If you want your FPS to drop from 60 to 30 for no reason then sure.

It is jerky if you dont have enough vRAM (i dont for example, GTX 560 Ti 1Gb, drops to 40 fps until it loads) but there is NO WAY that it could halve your fps like that unless you have some serious issue in your system or configuration.

Since the art style its exactly the same as vanilla textures (and vanilla textures were designed so they'd look ok at 512x512), its not as an impact like the HD texture mods. But, do you need glasses? I do, its exactly the same effect like when i put my glasses on. While before i could see stuff and function normally, when i put glasses everything is just sharper and more defined.

Edited by eltucu

1. 2k skyrim HD

2. Enhanced night skyrim galaxy (i pref low stars as it's the closest to what you really see at night)

3. Pickable plants

4. Vurts skyrim floral overhaul (Try all the vurts)

5. Realistic water textures

6. Detailed cities

7. Improved rock n mountain textures 2k or 4k

8. Fewer snowstorms

Npc enhancement

1. No more blocky faces

2. Detailed eyes 2k

3. Dalls natural hair

Theres shitloads,these are some of what i'm running and they work for me,there might be others out there that supercede them but i'm satisfied with these.

Npc interaction

1. Wars in skyrim iv

2. Warzones (a touchy mod,my advice, it's worth it but don't do the civil war quest as he's still tweaking it hard)

3. Deadly dragons

Make sure you run a steam backup of the game before you start installing mods,this games twitchy at the best and you will find that most bugs you come across can be solved here on the forums a few will only pertain to your game only.It happens to everyone but make sure you backup first.

Edited by Azeraph